24fps

Branding for Blue Skies Brewing.

Everyday we are getting closer to launching Blue Skies Brewing in Longmont, Colorado! B| We will hopefully sign the lease on our building in the next 2 weeks so construction can begin and we can apply for our permits.

I attached some branding ideas from our marketing company and I wanted to see what you guys and gals thought. I really like the last one but would like to see a jumper under canopy rather than the DC3 silhouette. What do you think about that?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Blues Skies,

Mars
something funny and unique

You're right. It could totally be a Beech. What do you think about the plane being replaced with a jumper, either in free fall or under canopy?

Thanks everyone for the input. I just got an email from one of ya discussing the colors. These are just the designs, no color yet. That will be decided later.

I like the second one, as well, and appeals to a wider audience, IMO. Any jumper worth their salt will identify with it, and so will pilots. Even non-aviation types will be drawn to it, because it will seem vaguely familiar. You would lose the wider audience if you replace the plane with a jumper. One possibility to try is a line of jumpers exiting the plane. It may be to busy, but it's worth trying to see if you like the result.

The silhouette (of no. 2) is more interesting than a circle with nothing breaking out of it. Are you sticking with the monochromatic color scheme, or do you have ideas on bringing more and varied colors?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Like you said, my investor was concerned about losing the wider audience by losing the plane and adding a jumper. While our main theme is skydiving we will have some beers that pay tribute to rock climbing as well.

The team is working on a couple of different color schemes right now. once the design is nailed down then we will start talking about color. Thanks again everyone for the input! I can't wait for you all to try some of our tasty brew!B|

The team is working on a couple of different color schemes right now. once the design is nailed down then we will start talking about color.

What's to talk about "Blue" skies and an "Amber" sunset. :)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Favorites are 1 & 4 but both look unfinished. Both are pleasing to my eyes in a retro-ish sorta way. If all remain as-is, I'll go with #4.

#2 is OK but looks "pieced together".

#5 seems generic and unimpressive. Looks more like a window sticker than a label.

#3 is least favorite. Nothing going for it at all.

I like the second one, but it'd help to see them in context.

Are these going to become labels for beer bottles? If so, I'd like to see them wrapped around a bottle shape - would be easy to do for someone with a bit of 3D modelling/ rendering experience. I'm thinking you'd want the label fairly large, in which case you need to consider where that jutting wing is going to end up.

Another consideration, although this is a real inspiration killer, would be cost - a non-uniform shape may increase the price of the labels. Almost certainly you'd get fewer per sheet. Probably a minor consideration in the scheme of things, though.