yoink

Another passenger airliner crashes...

airdvr

***Why isn't anyone calling the co-pilot a terrorist?

Unless the side of a mountain is now considered a prime target...

????

A plane full of people is a target, as numerous hijackings and bombings throughout the history of airline travel will attest.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

******Why isn't anyone calling the co-pilot a terrorist?

????

A plane full of people is a target, as numerous hijackings and bombings throughout the history of airline travel will attest.

If your intent was terror I don't think knowingly having control over an aircraft and not using it as a guided missile makes any sense.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The press is reportig that according to the Air Line Pilots Association every airline in the United States has a plan in place to guarantee there is always more than one person in the cockpit.

Sounds like the plans and procedures aren't being followed. My guess is that starting yesterday they all off a sudden became rule followers.

It was only about a month ago a Delta flight had an incident where a pilot was locked out of the cabin when he left to relieve himself and on his return the door malfunctioned and could not be opened. The other pilot declared an emergency and landed it solo.

Various airlines and authorities are announcing new policies today.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

airdvr

*********Why isn't anyone calling the co-pilot a terrorist?

????

If your intent was terror I don't think knowingly having control over an aircraft and not using it as a guided missile makes any sense.
That's silly. If the intent is to kill a bunch of people... do I even have to finish this?

Andy9o8

************Why isn't anyone calling the co-pilot a terrorist?

????

That's silly. If the intent is to kill a bunch of people... do I even have to finish this?

"Don't ascribe to terrorism that which can be adequately explained by mental illness"; me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

"Don't ascribe to terrorism that which can be adequately explained by mental illness"; me.

Yeah, with the news that's coming out, it does sound like mental illness may have been the cause. So far they are reporting that there are no religious/political motivations that would make this a terrorist act.

I have a lot of questions, but I'll wait to see what happens with the investigation. No point in speculating about the unknown.

Lots of other news going on in the country today (not to mention the world), and the news channels can't seem to get off this guy's medications, eye problems, years-old suicidal gestures....

I'd really like to hear more about what else is going on in the world right now! >:(

(Note: post kept vague to keep this in BF).

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

This weekend we were watching the news. CNN was wall-to-wall "coverage" of the plane crash. Flipped to Al Jazeera America. They had 15 minutes of other news (Yemen, Syria, Nigeria, Russian, etc) and 4 minutes on the plane crash. Then they went back to cover other stuff in more detail. CNN was still on the plane crash.

- Dan G

DanG

This weekend we were watching the news. CNN was wall-to-wall "coverage" of the plane crash. Flipped to Al Jazeera America. They had 15 minutes of other news (Yemen, Syria, Nigeria, Russian, etc) and 4 minutes on the plane crash. Then they went back to cover other stuff in more detail. CNN was still on the plane crash.

From a year ago.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/cnn-apologizes-for-briefly-airing-non-flight-370-story

;)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

"Anyone that wants to hurt or kill a bunch of people they don't know, regardless of ideology, is mentally ill." - me.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD