Ashtanga

No Damn Democracy...-Sangiro

NWFlyer

Well, it's definitely a different Bonfire from a few years back. The posts trickle in nowadays... 15-25 posts a day seems about right. Remember the old days when you'd see 25-30 new threads A DAY?

Yeah, I don't think the moderators miss those days. :D

That (IMO) says less about anything that may or may not have changed about this forum, but more about the rise of alternative places to b.s. about the day to day minutiae of life and share funny shit. In other words, Facebook.

If I look back about the kind of stuff that got threads rolling in Bonfire, it's exactly the kind of stuff that now keeps my Facebook feed rolling. But I can pick and choose whose shit I want to see on Facebook, and I don't have that kind of control here.

I agree. Facebook is where all the fun people went. Well, most of them. I quit FB last summer, it was getting too addictive. But you do have that ability to control what you see.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Andy9o8

I can pick and choose whose shit I want to see on Facebook, and I don't have that kind of control here.

We can certainly pick and choose which threads to click on and which not to.

This is true, and I do. As well as what forums to click on and which not to. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

I can pick and choose whose shit I want to see on Facebook, and I don't have that kind of control here.

We can certainly pick and choose which threads to click on and which not to.

This is true, and I do. As well as what forums to click on and which not to. :)

See, you only think you know what you're missing.
Resistance is futile.

Andy9o8

See, you only think you know what you're missing.
Resistance is futile.

Oh, I know this too. And from time to time, I give into temptation. Until I feel all dirty again. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

And from time to time, I give into temptation. Until I feel all dirty again.

At least when we wallow they don't try to put lipstick on us :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)