r.panfil

Tracking Dive

Being that I'm stuck in Illinois, I have had a lot of time to think about what I want to work on once spring finally gets here (after my recurrency dive), and i have decided to work on tracking and canopy skills. In regards to tracking, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to what I need to consider when tracking..... Exit order, flight path, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
If its called free fall then why the hell is it so expensive?

The exact plan will vary from DZ to DZ, and sometimes even from load to load. You don't want to track in the same direction of jumprun, but which way to track otherwise and other details are best discussed with someone on staff at the DZ who knows what the rest of the load is doing. Make sure you check in before EVERY tracking jump you do because what works on one load may create a dangerous situation on another load. If the person you talk to is not on the actual load with you, make sure that an instructor or senior jumper on the load is aware of your plan, and who you consulted to devise said plan.

Communication is key, make sure everyone knows what you're up to, and that you fully understand what's expected of you.

ask for good coach who would vidoe your jump and discuss later.

i was on one-day track camp and later spend weekend on 11 1on1 coached jumps. the progress was really visible.
learning on your own can lead you to repeat mistakes and not to improve your tracking, but that's as everything else.

While im in school I will prolly be going out to Quad Cities, and during the summer I will be between Plymouth Sky Sports and SDC

Lots of great flyers at SDC. Always tracking dives going on. When you get there find SDC Rhythm XP (4-way belly team). We are more than happy to point ya in the right direction or introduce ya around

Jason
video for Rhythm