Nataly

Too easily distracted...

This morning I woke up and thought: "I really need to sweep the floors in this room..." But that didn't sound like fun so I started watching a movie. The movie was dull so I decided to do a load of laundry. Whilst I was sorting my darks from my whites I realised I really should clean the cats' litterbox... Once I cleaned the litterboxes I saw the floors needed sweeping... Went downstairs to make myself a tea first and realised I really should do the dishes... Did the dishes and remembered the laundry I hadn't finished. Once I got upstairs, couldn't remember *why* I went upstairs so decided to make myself a tea. Found my cold tea from earlier... Re-heated the tea. Remembered unfinished laundry... Finished laundry but forgot about my tea because I decided to sweep the floors... Went back downstairs and found the iPad with the movie on "pause." Thought to myself: "I think I'll make myself a cup of tea..." Now sat in front of my iPad, with my tea (re-heated for the third time), telling myself: "gosh those windows look dirty!!!"

Hmmmm...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Amazon

******;)

Hahahaha!!! Yep - pretty much sums it up!!! :D:D:D

Gee whats wrong with tha ..... SQUIRREL

Damn. I was going to post that.

But I got distracted.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Gee whats wrong with tha ..... SQUIRREL

This is a skydiving website.

Gee whats wrong with tha ..... JUMP RUN
:P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Nataly

This morning I woke up and thought: "I really need to sweep the floors in this room..." But that didn't sound like fun so I started watching a movie. The movie was dull so I decided to do a load of laundry. Whilst I was sorting my darks from my whites I realised I really should clean the cats' litterbox... Once I cleaned the litterboxes I saw the floors needed sweeping... Went downstairs to make myself a tea first and realised I really should do the dishes... Did the dishes and remembered the laundry I hadn't finished. Once I got upstairs, couldn't remember *why* I went upstairs so decided to make myself a tea. Found my cold tea from earlier... Re-heated the tea. Remembered unfinished laundry... Finished laundry but forgot about my tea because I decided to sweep the floors... Went back downstairs and found the iPad with the movie on "pause." Thought to myself: "I think I'll make myself a cup of tea..." Now sat in front of my iPad, with my tea (re-heated for the third time), telling myself: "gosh those windows look dirty!!!"
 Stoned
A state of mind which occurs after smoking enough marijuana to the point where the user stares blankly into whatever catches his/her attention
"I'm was so stoned I didn't notice the movie was in French."

Hmmmm...

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

MikeJD

You re-heated tea? Bleugh.

You re-heated it again? Double bleugh.

:)

I *TOTALLY* agree with you... But sometimes laziness taketh over...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

This is exactly why I've been away from posting for so long.

I would say I really need to check in on DZ.com but, I would remember I had to go to work.
Then, I would start to get ready fro work and remember. "I really would rather smash my face against the wall until I black out."

Then, I wake up and realize in need to get to work and The smash my face /blackout loop continued for ...6.5 yrs.

Anyone, remember the website address for DZ.com?
I have to check in on it...
My photos

My Videos

Rick

I agree John my wife will tell me to re-heat the coffee leftover from the day before :S blech

I used to make a pot of coffee, drink a cup or two a day out of it and keep reheating each day until the pot was empty.

Again, I was a cheap bachelor!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Nataly

This morning I woke up and thought: "I really need to sweep the floors in this room..." But that didn't sound like fun so I started watching a movie. The movie was dull so I decided to... "gosh those windows look dirty!!!"

Hmmmm...

I think we all do this to some extent.

A simple trick to get around this, is to say to yourself "I'm going to do X for the next 5 minutes" and then put on a timer and focus on that until the timer goes off.

Then take a little break, and do that again. Sometimes if you have a task that isn't completed on the first pass, do it again after a short break and then if you finish early can add that to your break.

Some research that I've seen for mental tasks says the best time is between 5 to 20 minutes. Any task that takes more than 20 minutes needs to be divided into several chunks. (My caveat for that time limit, is it talks about mental activities like programming. I'd think a physical activity like cleaning your back yard something longer might work.)

GogglesnTeeth

***I agree John my wife will tell me to re-heat the coffee leftover from the day before :S blech

I used to make a pot of coffee, drink a cup or two a day out of it and keep reheating each day until the pot was empty.

Again, I was a cheap bachelor!

Naw!
You learned your coffee-making skills in the Navy. Speaking of the Navy, my old ship HMCS Iroquois is paying off the first weekend of May. Who thinks weather is going to be severely drunk in Halifax that weekend?
Maybe I will sneak off to visit my old jumping buddies at Atlantic School of Skydiving .... I wonder how much it costs to rent a car in Halifax?
What was the question?

riggerrob

Naw!
You learned your coffee-making skills in the Navy. Speaking of the Navy, my old ship HMCS Iroquois is paying off the first weekend of May. Who thinks weather is going to be severely drunk in Halifax that weekend?
Maybe I will sneak off to visit my old jumping buddies at Atlantic School of Skydiving .... I wonder how much it costs to rent a car in Halifax?
What was the question?

Navy coffee making
1: dump as many coffee grounds as possible into machine
2: hit the on button
3: cut coffee from pot with a knife and chew it up
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

AlanS

***This morning I woke up and thought: "I really need to sweep the floors in this room..." But that didn't sound like fun so I started watching a movie. The movie was dull so I decided to... "gosh those windows look dirty!!!"

Hmmmm...

I think we all do this to some extent.

A simple trick to get around this, is to say to yourself "I'm going to do X for the next 5 minutes" and then put on a timer and focus on that until the timer goes off.

Then take a little break, and do that again. Sometimes if you have a task that isn't completed on the first pass, do it again after a short break and then if you finish early can add that to your break.

Some research that I've seen for mental tasks says the best time is between 5 to 20 minutes. Any task that takes more than 20 minutes needs to be divided into several chunks. (My caveat for that time limit, is it talks about mental activities like programming. I'd think a physical activity like cleaning your back yard something longer might work

Get around what??! I did everything in the end!! (Sort of!) Anyway the fact that I even had the thought that "I should clean" is a vast improvement on the past several years... It's not so long ago that I used to trip on my mess and not even notice it was there!!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Get around what??! I did everything in the end!! (Sort of!) Anyway the fact that I even had the thought that "I should clean" is a vast improvement on the past several years... It's not so long ago that I used to trip on my mess and not even notice it was there!!! :D:D:D

We must be related! ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

And yet guys get the rep as being bad housekeepers. I like a (somewhat) squared away place.

But don't look in my garage right now. :S:D

Don't remind me of mine! >:(:S:P:DB|

Garages these days are being used to store junk, not vehicles... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban