SethInMI

password manager

I'm getting tired of trying to manage passwords. I have been using chrome's built in one, but it does not always offer to add them automatically, and ito is a pain to get ones into it manually.

any recommendations? Lastpass seems popular.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Roboform.

Robust, functional, easily accessed from all your devices, and it has a separate feature that allows you to securely store notes and information that isn't related to logging in. I wonder if I don't use this feature more than the PW mgr feature.

It's free to try, but I've found it worth the cost to purchase.

No - I'm not affiliated, paid or in any way compensated. I just like and rely on this program. Daily.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

Check out True Key from Intel. It goes above just needing a password to access the master list but it also uses facial recognition to help control who is able to get access to your passwords. As you upgrade to a system with "Real Sense" tech in the newest Intel chips it will even do 3d identification to validate that it is you and not a photo someone is holding up. This allows you to use yourself as the password and can use stupid long ones that have so many atrophy bits that it's just not practical to try to crack them any more.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

JohnMitchell

A sheet of paper locked in my safe. :D

I'm pretty old school.

One thing I'd like out of a manager is the ability to export to a file. This is especially true if I use autogenerated passwords. I'd store the file with a open source encryption like gpg on dropbox. I'd also be tempted to store them In a safe. probably shift the passwords by a character in the printout.

That way if the manager took a shit I would not be sol.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

SethInMI

One thing I'd like out of a manager is the ability to export to a file. This is especially true if I use autogenerated passwords. I'd store the file with a open source encryption like gpg on dropbox.

Both Lastpass and 1Password support plain-text export.

1Password supports having your vault stored directly on Dropbox and the format is documented. But you could always schedule a daily export + gpg re-encrypt for safety.