BillyVance

What in the hell is this vehicle?

A 3 wheeled 2 seater spotted in town... Too fancy to be a home-built. Wondering if it's a CanAm or some other make...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I saw one of these the other day here in Calgary. I doubt it would be all that fast on a race track where rubber contacting the tarmac is preferred. But I am sure it drives sort of like a Kart on the public roads.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

I saw one of these the other day here in Calgary. I doubt it would be all that fast on a race track where rubber contacting the tarmac is preferred. But I am sure it drives sort of like a Kart on the public roads.

Summer only vehicle in Canuckistan :D

Rick

We just had a guy bring one in to get wrapped. It was odd looking but it hauls ass

here's a couple of pics

They definitely look cool (especially this one you posted) and I am sure they have great acceleration. But I can't see them being all that fast in the corners on a race track. Rubber contact with the tarmac is key in cornering and this thing is missing a lot of tire contact surface. Plus trail braking might be a tad sketchy with one of these suckers. Definitely get your braking done in a straight line because I would imagine they swap ends easily if you go into a corner too hot and the vehicle is not balanced. :S

Its Polaris's answer to Can Am's Spyder
http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/alternative/1401_2014_can_am_spyder_quick_drive/67283106/2014-can-am-spyder-st-s-yellow.jpg

Basically designed after a snowmobile. If you want speed though just go for the snowmobile and spend some bucks like this one lol.

On ice 163mph in 1000' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdF0wgTikM
Same sled 7.646 @ 178mph in 1320' on asphalthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2exdG4S_ZuI&feature=iv&src_vid=_FdF0wgTikM&annotation_id=annotation_307271

Not sure how much the Spyder and Slingshot weigh and yeah they are a little ugly but for straight line speed if done right the possibilities are there to eat Hayabusas, Vettes and drag cars for lunch.

I'll just stick with my Polaris though on ice for now. I have to have someway to get my shots of adrenaline in the wintertime. 100 mph on ice and snow is plenty fast for me.

gunsmokex

I'll just stick with my Polaris though on ice for now. I have to have someway to get my shots of adrenaline in the wintertime. 100 mph on ice and snow is plenty fast for me.

Somewhat similar to my DD2 Rotax Kart. Top speed in my Kart is only about 70 mph, but I can take the high speed sweeping corners at 50-60 mph where I am pulling close to 3Gs in the apex of the corner Plus once you factor in how low I am to the ground, that I am in an open cockpit with no seat belts (it's better to be thrown from the Kart rather than to have the Kart land on top of you), it is almost like I am driving a Formula One car. Almost. Of course all the Formula One drivers did start their racing careers in a Kart. You should see the kids racing their Karts. Many of them are awesome drivers, way better than the majority of adults out there on the public roads. ;)

damn I have never seen a snow machine that fast yowza. The couple of times I have driven a snow mobile I felt like I was barely getting traction. Kind of like piloting a boat.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

damn I have never seen a snow machine that fast yowza. The couple of times I have driven a snow mobile I felt like I was barely getting traction. Kind of like piloting a boat.

I use to do some desert riding on dirt bikes, none of witch had spedometers. My friend bought a Honda 500cc on off road. It had a spedo. After we got back from the first ride of the day and he told me he was doing 95 and could not catch me, I told him not to tell me how fast we were going ever again. I would have guessed 55 to 70. In the wide open without familiar waypoints to judge by your sense of speed can be off.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

CanuckInUSA

it is almost like I am driving a Formula One car. Almost. Of course all the Formula One drivers did start their racing careers in a Kart. You should see the kids racing their Karts. Many of them are awesome drivers, way better than the majority of adults out there on the public roads. ;)

I've never driven the more advanced carts, but go karts are a blast! Racing those is about as much fun/$ as you can have, I think. B|

Looks nice. I am not much into bikes and sports cars, but it looks nice from the front. Its bum isn't that attractive, to be honest.
I was fascinated by this car - see pics - of one of the skydivers at my new DZ. It looks kinda similar but has four wheels. :)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Nice video! Thanks. I've seen a short report about this car on German TV a year ago or so, but it was dubbed. Sounds way more charming with British accent :)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks