wmw999

Would you make love to an intelligent robot?

We watched Ex Machina the other day. Not to give anything away, but it's got a hot, artificially intelligent robot. So of course the discussion went to whether one could fall in love with or have sex with a robot (emotionally -- one assumes that there's a hole in the right place).

Which requires another rigorous scientifically designed poll. :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Given the massive worldwide industry for supplying objects for people to have sex with I think it's a no-brainer that a lot of people would:P

Bigger question though - would an artificial intelligence want to have sex with you? Would it have hormones? Would it have a reproductive instinct? There often seems to be an assumption that an AI will think like a human or want to be like a human and I really don't see what basis there is for that idea. In some ways an AI will function on a level that we can't even comprehend, and in other ways it would have no idea how we experience the world around us. I can't see how we would be simpatico in that way.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Bigger question though - would an artificial intelligence want to have sex with you?

Getting shot down by a next-gen Real Doll;
Now there is a depressing thought.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Bigger question though - would an artificial intelligence want to have sex with you?

Getting shot down by a next-gen Real Doll;
Now there is a depressing thought.[:/]

So much for the Three Laws of Robotics....:ph34r:

Would "she" be like Cherry 2000, or more like 7-of-9 ?

Cherry rolls old-school with optical disk technology. No doubt she'd probably BSOD on you occasionally ...and most likely at the most inopportune times, as has always been customary with BSOD events. On the other hand, with 7-of-9, you'd probably also have to accommodate the other eight, each with her(?) own special kinks and quirks. Tough choice.

BTW, I would like to apologize abjectly for such a hetero-centric poll :P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JohnMitchell

***Would "she" be like Cherry 2000, or more like 7-of-9 ?

Next gen 7-of-9? Not exactly a robot there, right? Just a highly modified babe.

Yeah, I know. That's why I asked the question. I'm not sure if I'm ready for full-on hotbot. What if her governor gets stuck? What if she unexpectedly throws a rod or something? I think I'd rather go with a hybrid until they get the "kinks" worked out.

wmw999

We watched Ex Machina the other day. Not to give anything away, but it's got a hot, artificially intelligent robot. So of course the discussion went to whether one could fall in love with or have sex with a robot (emotionally -- one assumes that there's a hole in the right place).

Which requires another rigorous scientifically designed poll. :P

Wendy P.

Based on the voting so far... Why am I thinking the guys are into the whole Stepford Wives thing:|

Andy9o8

Would you make love to an intelligent robot?

Well, sure. The dumb ones just lay there.

Hell. sounds like an inflatable doll. :D

I've seen pics of super realistic, kind of creepy, Japanese girl robots. I'm sure technology is not too far behind the line of this thread. :S