Amazon

Most distinctive Cause of Death by state

JohnMitchell

I was sure Florida would be gator bites or lightning strikes. I'm not sure what they were getting at with that map. And Utah, with its healthy lifestyle, seemed rather vague. :P

Legal Interventions???

I noticed many states with health issues being cause of death[:/]

Very bizarre article... Doesn't seem to explain what is going on very well... Also, their CDC link is wrong: try this one

So basically he went through 136 causes of death and tagged each state with the cause of death whose rate for that state is most out of line with the national average (aka cause of death with the highest rate ratio.) However, without some way of visualizing the rate ratio associated with the cause of death in each state you can't really conclude anything. If states have a relatively low rate ratio for all causes of death then this map would just be noise for them.

Amazon

***I was sure Florida would be gator bites or lightning strikes. I'm not sure what they were getting at with that map. And Utah, with its healthy lifestyle, seemed rather vague. :P

Legal Interventions???

I noticed many states with health issues being cause of death[:/]

I think that's the ultimate cause of every death. :P:DB|

JohnMitchell

I was sure Florida would be gator bites or lightning strikes. I'm not sure what they were getting at with that map. And Utah, with its healthy lifestyle, seemed rather vague. :P

Fl. Don't forget rattkesnakes, cottonmouths, recluse spiders, airboats, drowning, skydiving, drugs, bluehair drivers and #1. Old age. :P
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

oldwomanc6

***An English bloke in drag will give you a choice of cake or death;
Better?:D

Yah, sure, but I'm still guessing stroke. :o

Ischemic, or Hemorrhagic?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

oldwomanc6

*********An English bloke in drag will give you a choice of cake or death;

Yah, sure, but I'm still guessing stroke. :o

Ischemic, or Hemorrhagic?

Once you're on blood thinners, it's a freaking crap shoot. :(

I already did the ischemic after having major surgery on 27 MAR.... this rat poison shit annoys the fook outa me>:(

Over on bikeforums.net, there was a woman who got DVT (deep vein thrombosis) in her leg, from the airline flight from Canada to Australia to visit her BF.:S
And this was a woman who averages 12,000 miles/year on a bicycle!:o

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Over on bikeforums.net, there was a woman who got DVT (deep vein thrombosis) in her leg, from the airline flight from Canada to Australia to visit her BF.:S
And this was a woman who averages 12,000 miles/year on a bicycle!:o

I have LAF (lone Atrial Fibrillation), and basically, what that means is there is no structural problem in the heart; it is an electrical issue. I've had it since I was twenty. Statistically, no difference for strokes (some say yes, some say no), [:/]

During this time, I rode from Seattle to San Diego. I rode over the Rockies. I rode all over the place. There is some evidence that endurance training ( which I guess, this kind of exercise qualifies as) puts some people at a higher risk for developing this kind of AFib.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

ryoder

An English bloke in drag will give you a choice of cake or death;

I'll have death please.

Oh wait, I meant cake!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Andy9o8

Both odd and curiously interesting. Fun with raw data points. Lies, damned lies and statistics!

So how many people in Maine die from choking on lobster? And what does it mean for America?

That it is best to follow those Bronze Age food restrictions as found in certain books????:D:D:D