grue

the poster for the Point Break remake arrives. Johnny Utah: Now available in freefly!

JohnnyMarko

Am I the only one who refuses to see a movie in RealD:3D, or whatever the fuck they decide to call it for that movie?

Wait until it is available for streaming, and you can avoid the pseudo-"3D" crap, as well as 30 minutes of trailers for garbage you don't want to see, and ear-splitting audio volume, and distractions from clueless rude strangers. And you can hit pause/resume any time you please.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Am I the only one who refuses to see a movie in RealD:3D, or whatever the fuck they decide to call it for that movie?

Wait until it is available for streaming, and you can avoid the pseudo-"3D" crap, as well as 30 minutes of trailers for garbage you don't want to see, and ear-splitting audio volume, and distractions from clueless rude strangers. And you can hit pause/resume any time you please.

And if they get too loud and interrupt your viewing, you can pause and tell those kids outside to get off your lawn!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

JohnMitchell

Great. Now we'll have a whole new generation of students showing up the the DZ wanting to make 3 minute freefalls and "open the chute at the last possible second!" [:/]

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

First they'll come wanting to get into BASE because of "Sunshine Superman." :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JohnMitchell

Great. Now we'll have a whole new generation of students showing up the the DZ wanting to make 3 minute freefalls and "open the chute at the last possible second!" [:/]

The last one doubled USPA membership. I suspect the sport will cope.

JohnMitchell

Fine with me. It will keep us busier for a season or two.

Edit: I think it was 2:02 minutes and 4:02 minutes if I recall correctly.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

hookitt

***Great. Now we'll have a whole new generation of students showing up the the DZ wanting to make 3 minute freefalls and "open the chute at the last possible second!" [:/]

Fine with me. It will keep us busier for a season or two.

Edit: I think it was 2:02 minutes and 4:02 minutes if I recall correctly.

I had a 3 min freefall yesterday....

....with a Havok Carve from 15K. B|

Now this is funny:

Bojesse Christopher who plays the FBI director was in the 1991 version of "Point Break" as well. He played Grommet, one of the surfer/bank robbers, the one who wore the LBJ mask.:D

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058673/trivia

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

Terminal entry into the Cave of Swallows please, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Meh, looks like a damn XXX movie that got a die hard movie pregnant.

Just too over the top. Granted to original was unrealistic in terms of freefall delay, but it didn't drown you in never ending extreme situations.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

JohnMitchell

Apparently Point break inspired Florez. And Jebs in it too. Imagine that. Id'a liked Joao in it better. Swooping thru the hanger at SSC. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/cinemacon-2015-first-look-at-the-point-break-reboot
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Regardless of how well made the reboot is, I will always have a strong connection to the original.

The Point Break King Air ran at my home DZ for a while. Made a bunch of jumps out of it. It was owned by George Ireland at the time IIRC.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban