oldwomanc6

Wreck Diving a DC-3

oldwomanc6

Ran across this, and thought I'd share. I know there are a lot of skydivers that scuba, too. I don't dive, but I thought this was cool.

http://diveadvisor.com/sub2o/now-thats-a-huge-aircraft-diving-the-dakota-dc3-in-southern-turkey

Thanks for sharing! I know there's a few active members of DZ.com who have dived this beautiful plane. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Ran across this, and thought I'd share. I know there are a lot of skydivers that scuba, too. I don't dive, but I thought this was cool.

http://diveadvisor.com/sub2o/now-thats-a-huge-aircraft-diving-the-dakota-dc3-in-southern-turkey

Thanks for sharing! I know there's a few active members of DZ.com who have dived this beautiful plane. :)
Indeed we have! B| I even got my dive buddy to take photo of me "exiting" the plane. :D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

******Ran across this, and thought I'd share. I know there are a lot of skydivers that scuba, too. I don't dive, but I thought this was cool.

Indeed we have! B| I even got my dive buddy to take photo of me "exiting" the plane. :D

B|B|B|B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

TriGirl

******Ran across this, and thought I'd share. I know there are a lot of skydivers that scuba, too. I don't dive, but I thought this was cool.

Please post the pic, if you can!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Rare experience I had about 10 years ago: There is a P3 Orion the navy lost out in the middle of Subic Bay sometime in the late 60's.
The navy never found it.

My Dad did.
When he took me there he said there were maybe 4 people alive who had the GPS coordinates for this thing.

He had it so accurate when we hit bottom at 140 feet the anchor line was maybe 5 feet from the wing. I stood on the tail surface gazing up at the tail itself, tripping balls on narcosis even breathing nitrox till I remembered I wasn't really supposed to stand on the bottom. Although standing on the wing of a plane, you aren't likely to get a stingray in the ankle.

It takes some concentration to keep it together at that depth. The experience of nitrogen narcosis, to the uninitiated, is -exactly- like a real good nitrous oxide buzz you'd get at the dentist. You're dazed as hell, happy, definitely not thinking straight, but you're ok with it. Just as long as you remember you also happen to be at the bottom of the ocean and remain calm, you're cool.

The sight of the tail of that thing looming out of the haze at the bottom will stay with me for the rest of my life. So far as I know my Dad took the secret of its location with him when he died.

I've had a few adventures. That was one of the coolest.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

oldwomanc6

I'll try to remember to bring it to work tomorrow. B|

Shut Up & Jump!

oldwomanc6

*********Ran across this, and thought I'd share. I know there are a lot of skydivers that scuba, too. I don't dive, but I thought this was cool.

Totally forgot to post this pic earlier! Had to dig up the thread so I could post it for you, Lisa. :)

Shut Up & Jump!