Amazon

Lets "Science"

lawrocket

How about a NASA Image in very high def...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU

I love sciencing :ph34r:

You are seeing as much artistry as science. It's why I love both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=84&v=p5c1XoL1KFs

"Art is a lie that reveals truth"
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

JohnMitchell

To think that 80 years ago we thought our galaxy, the Milky Way, was all there was in the entire universe. We live in an amazing age of discovery, unmatched by any other. B|

It's gotten harder and harder to notice the Milky Way with the naked eye these days. I remember the beach vacations my family took between Gulf Shores and Ft. Morgan on the Alabama peninsula where it was basically nothing but beach front cabins, and very little artificial light, and at night, I could look up in the sky and see the Milky Way angling up from the horizon. A glorious sight.

Fucking high rise condos ruined all that. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***To think that 80 years ago we thought our galaxy, the Milky Way, was all there was in the entire universe. We live in an amazing age of discovery, unmatched by any other. B|

It's gotten harder and harder to notice the Milky Way with the naked eye these days. I remember the beach vacations my family took between Gulf Shores and Ft. Morgan on the Alabama peninsula where it was basically nothing but beach front cabins, and very little artificial light, and at night, I could look up in the sky and see the Milky Way angling up from the horizon. A glorious sight.

Fucking high rise condos ruined all that. >:(

You need a boat.... a big boat.. go a couple hundred miles to sea.. problem solved..

Light pollution is getting more and more attention. There's a group called Dark Skies, I believe, that campaigns for more awareness of and action on this issue. Small changes in building and public lighting can make big differences in the night sky.

Camping way back in the mountains in Utah gave some great views of the stars too. B|

JohnMitchell

Light pollution is getting more and more attention. There's a group called Dark Skies, I believe, that campaigns for more awareness of and action on this issue. Small changes in building and public lighting can make big differences in the night sky.

Camping way back in the mountains in Utah gave some great views of the stars too. B|

North Korea's got the dark skies down to a perfect science. But I'm damned if I'm gonna go over there. :D

And yes, Amazon, I'd have to get a boat ride a ways out into the gulf, no doubt.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JohnMitchell

To think that 80 years ago we thought our galaxy, the Milky Way, was all there was in the entire universe. We live in an amazing age of discovery, unmatched by any other. B|

I think it was Carl Sagan who said we live in a unique era, unlike any in history, from when the planets were just shiny dots in the sky to having close-up pictures (including Pluto in about 7 weeks. Less than 51 million km away right now) B|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."