JohnnyMarko

It's getting nasty here on the Front Range...

Does anyone know if MileHi took a beating from the tornado in Longmont yesterday? I thought the hail that fucked my car/yard up was bad downtown Denver, but seeing some of the damage in Longmont makes me feel lucky [:/]
http://photos.denverpost.com/2015/06/04/photos-tornado-touches-down-east-of-lyons-colorado/#1

Edit: Lined up for another round tonight

From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.
It rained and hailed like hell in Broomfield, but none of the hail was large enough to cause damage.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.
It rained and hailed like hell in Broomfield, but none of the hail was large enough to cause damage.

What about Gunbarrel? I was kinda hoping the tornado would have taken Kim Gibbs' home, with her inside, and took it to Oz, away from us all. Then she could be a witch to her heart's content.

:P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.

What about Gunbarrel? I was kinda hoping the tornado would have taken Kim Gibbs' home, with her inside, and took it to Oz, away from us all. Then she could be a witch to her heart's content.

I've heard Ms Gibbs was calling the National Weather Service repeatedly to complain about the noise of the hail.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BillyVance

***From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.

Damnit Billy :D I was going to make a similar joke in that "other" thread, but held my tongue.

ryoder

******From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.

I've heard Ms Gibbs was calling the National Weather Service repeatedly to complain about the noise of the hail.:|

Zing! :D:D:D

Good one!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

JohnnyMarko

******From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.

Damnit Billy :D I was going to make a similar joke in that "other" thread, but held my tongue.

I wish that witch pic of hers was still in there... Dammit... :|:ph34r:

Pity my next-door neighbor;
He is in the middle of totally re-landscaping his back yard.
Now he has one giant mud bog.[:/]

BillyVance

*********From what I've read the tornado damage was between Berthoud and Longmont.

I wish that witch pic of hers was still in there... Dammit... :|:ph34r:

I'll be damned.... I found it! http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=142035; :)

I got home last night. Did my typical "let's see where the weather is.". It's what I do since I don't get any precipitation where I am.

I saw the attached on radar. A hook echo right there and thought I'd send a message to eeneR to prepare to take cover. I'd have told Yoder to do the same but I thought, "screw it."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Remster

***[Jan]
Longmont, Longmont, Longmont!
[/Jan]

Jeez, guys, it's all about you.

Welcome to the Colorado skydiving scene... ;)

"Me, me, me, me, me;
But enough about me;
I'll shut up now, and let *you* talk about me."

-- Mike Pintamo, (a TI at MHS), doing his impression of a skygod.:D

ryoder

Pity my next-door neighbor;

I screwed myself last night. I climbed into bed, got all nice and cozy, then the banging started. It was so loud and persistent. The lightning was like a strobe light going off. I knew I had forgotten something, though, and my mind was distracted by all the banging. I forgot to cover the veggies in my backyard. They're all gone :(:ph34r:

JohnnyMarko

***Pity my next-door neighbor;

I screwed myself last night. I climbed into bed, got all nice and cozy, then the banging started. It was so loud and persistent. The lightning was like a strobe light going off. I knew I had forgotten something, though, and my mind was distracted by all the banging. I forgot to cover the veggies in my backyard. They're all gone :(:ph34r:

Cover them with what? A tarp likely wouldn't help against hail. Then again it depends on the hail size... [:/]

Andy9o8

I screwed myself last night. I climbed into bed, got all nice and cozy, then the banging started.

God, why do we need to know that? Thank you so much for the image. You people in Bonfire are fucked up.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3d/5f/dc/3d5fdcc1b1ca10b934e1098167e563ed.jpg

Well played, good sir. Well played... :D

BillyVance

******Pity my next-door neighbor;

Cover them with what? A tarp likely wouldn't help against hail. Then again it depends on the hail size... [:/]

They're up against my garage in a raised bed, so it's super convenient (I did it the night before) to put a couple large boards at a 45 up against the wall/ground. Very protective :)

Andy9o8

I screwed myself last night. I climbed into bed, got all nice and cozy, then the banging started.

God, why do we need to know that? Thank you so much for the image. You people in Bonfire are fucked up.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3d/5f/dc/3d5fdcc1b1ca10b934e1098167e563ed.jpg

I put way too much thought into how I could dirty up a story about hail.

JohnnyMarko

*********Pity my next-door neighbor;

They're up against my garage in a raised bed, so it's super convenient (I did it the night before) to put a couple large boards at a 45 up against the wall/ground. Very protective :)
Outstanding. :D

Something for me to think about or remember if I can, next time I have crops growing in my raised bed garden. They're several feet away from my house so I'd have to do a little more work to protect them... Then again, I rarely ever get hail here at my house in central Alabama. Hard to believe I know.