JerryBaumchen

Lily Camera

That's pretty cool. Would be nice to have a little more endurance but still it's pretty cool to me.

If they made a faster version (which would be pretty difficult I'd think) imagine the videos you could get of race tracks and such. As it stands, it might be cool for sports players to get some very good video of how they're playing.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

That's pretty cool. Would be nice to have a little more endurance but still it's pretty cool to me.

If they made a faster version (which would be pretty difficult I'd think) imagine the videos you could get of race tracks and such. As it stands, it might be cool for sports players to get some very good video of how they're playing.

I wonder how it handles obstructions while trying to "follow" the wrist tracker wearer and I think any group activity with more than one could get more interesting.

Amazon

I wonder how it handles obstructions while trying to "follow" the wrist tracker wearer and I think any group activity with more than one could get more interesting.

I was wondering that as well, there's got to be some sort of airspace deconfliction and obstacle avoidance if they expect this to go mainstream. Who knows what's under the hood already, but hopefully the guys have thought of this.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

JerryBaumchen

Hi folks,

New type of drone: http://www.wimp.com/drone-follow/

I wonder if it might be able to keep up if you were in freefall. Whole new perspective on cameras.

Jerry Baumchen

Under canopy maybe.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Really nice, interesting technology - but I find it a bit dispiriting that people don't seem to be able to experience anything now without the validation of filming it or being filmed doing it.

I went to a jazz gig recently where some audience members were watching most of the performance through their phones while recording, and even reviewing the playback and uploading it to Facebook before each number had even finished!

MikeJD

Really nice, interesting technology - but I find it a bit dispiriting that people don't seem to be able to experience anything now without the validation of filming it or being filmed doing it.

I went to a jazz gig recently where some audience members were watching most of the performance through their phones while recording, and even reviewing the playback and uploading it to Facebook before each number had even finished!

It did not happen if there are no pictures.... common mantra here .... what what

MikeJD

I find it a bit dispiriting that people don't seem to be able to experience anything now without the validation of filming it or being filmed doing it.

I agree with that. We used to take pictures of things for the sake of showing the things. "Look at how magnificent the Venus de Milo is!"

Now we just seem to take pictures of ourselves, with the things as an afterthought in the background. "Look at me standing in front of the Venus de Milo!"

With all our video gizmos, we've become a narcissistic society...

Crustie

***I find it a bit dispiriting that people don't seem to be able to experience anything now without the validation of filming it or being filmed doing it.

I agree with that. We used to take pictures of things for the sake of showing the things. "Look at how magnificent the Venus de Milo is!"

Now we just seem to take pictures of ourselves, with the things as an afterthought in the background. "Look at me standing in front of the Venus de Milo!"

Exactly!
I've been saying this for a couple years now.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******I find it a bit dispiriting that people don't seem to be able to experience anything now without the validation of filming it or being filmed doing it.

Exactly!
I've been saying this for a couple years now.>:(

It is all about the cool video you can post to your youtube channel.

Cool video has been killing people for a long time....

Crustie

***I find it a bit dispiriting that people don't seem to be able to experience anything now without the validation of filming it or being filmed doing it.

Damn!
I missed a golden opportunity!>:(
This car with a nimrod in the passenger seat passed me, then swung over to the right lane.
If I had seen what was coming, I could have moved left, and grabbed the selfie-stick with my left hand.>:(
Since my helmet-cam was running, it would have made a GREAT Youtube video!B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This camera is, to say at least, amazing...
It opens a door to creating otherwise impossible videos.

To have a programmable camera following a moving object on predetermined height and distance?
For a thousand bucks? Wow!
I hope they will manage to pull it off. Application is endless.

Amazon

Cool video has been killing people for a long time....

Selfie-absorbed driver kills triathlete: http://www.wday.com/news/strange/3757591-man-accused-taking-selfie-during-crash-killed-triathlete-near-finley-last:S

Hi ryoder,

Strand's mother, Patsy Strand, said that Knudson was "at least 25 percent at fault," in the crash, having been bicycling at the foot of a hill, in the lane, rather than on the shoulder at the time of the crash.

In Oregon you can ride in the road; you're riding a vehicle.

We have had a rash of bike/auto accidents here in the Portland-area the last few weeks; including one fatality.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi ryoder,

Strand's mother, Patsy Strand, said that Knudson was "at least 25 percent at fault," in the crash, having been bicycling at the foot of a hill, in the lane, rather than on the shoulder at the time of the crash.

In Oregon you can ride in the road; you're riding a vehicle.

We have had a rash of bike/auto accidents here in the Portland-area the last few weeks; including one fatality.

Jerry Baumchen

In all of North America, as far as I know, cyclists can ride in the lane. In fact, it's often the recommended place when there isn't a wide enough shoulder to allow a vehicle to safely pass to take the whole lane to make sure drivers don't try to squeeze by you.
Remster

Selfie-absorbed driver kills triathlete: http://www.wday.com/...ete-near-finley-lastCrazy

Shouldn't that be another thread on people making Facebook selfies and consequences to mental "health"?

Lily Camera - that's wonderful.
In two years we'll see fantastic, unseen ever, skydiving/basejumping footage - Lily Camera based on.
Especially educational