int_student

Where can I sell a skydiving cupon?

Hi!
I am an international student and had been saving for quite some time to finally skydive. Found a good deal for tandem skydive on groupon and bought it. I was so excited to do it, but I am getting married in July so my family wouldn't let me do anything as "risky" :(
My coupon expires June. Any suggestions where may I sell it? BTW I am in Canada. I am also willing to exchange for anytime after July.
Please advice!
Poor Student

int_student

Hi!
I am an international student and had been saving for quite some time to finally skydive. Found a good deal for tandem skydive on groupon and bought it. I was so excited to do it, but I am getting married in July so my family wouldn't let me do anything as "risky" :(
My coupon expires June. Any suggestions where may I sell it? BTW I am in Canada. I am also willing to exchange for anytime after July.
Please advice!
Poor Student

Good thinking! After you get married you'll be able to do as you please.

:D

Just don't tell them and do it anyway. You're over 18 years old, right?
Problem solved.

Seriously, though.
"Families" rarely agrees with sons, daughters, partners doing stuff like skydiving.
But they also generally come to terms afterwards.
The good thing about living few thousand miles from your family, is that they can only bug you *that* much about it. I talk from experience.
My mom was strongly opposed to it, but hey, at 29 years old I was going to do it regardless so she could just voice her opinions, eventually she realized how happy it makes, how many new friends I have because of it, how cool it is that I coach etc., all the pics, and now I think she's pretty much on board... or at least she "likes" every pic I post on fb of me skydiving, I guess that's the most I can ask. LoL

And even more pragmatically, check with groupon first and the dropzone second what refunding options you have.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

I'll also not answer your question with an observation from my perspective as a Tandem Instructor, someone you would be strapped to during your skydive. I don't intend on dying just so you can have fun and I take the steps to make sure that doesn't happen. That's not to say that there isn't risk but let's talk numbers. I'm a pretty new instructor and am closing in on 200 tandems so if you think about percentages with the assumption that for some reason I have to die then my success rate is 99.5%. Now if you take other TI's who have thousands of jumps that puts that rate farther into the decimals of 99.95%. However, those TI's are obviously still walking around and considering we do know have many people have died while doing tandems that puts that rate of success rate and decimal number even farther to the right...and I just don't feel like doing the math.

However, here's a source: http://www.uspa.org/AboutSkydiving/SkydivingSafety/tabid/526/Default.aspx

With the quote: "According to the National Safety Council, a person is much more likely to be killed getting struck by lightning or stung by a bee."

So bascially, you're about to waste the money avoiding something with less of a chance of killing you than lighting or a bee sting.

The fear is real, the risk is not.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher