Calvin19

How bad is bad? HVAC help?!!?

How bad is bad? This is the back of my AC unit (Evap coil). The holes leaking water are the bottom of the evap coil section, beneath it is the heater section. The normal drain line is clear and working, but this is leaking out the back side. Anyone have any idea why this might be happening or how to fix it? All the HVAC guys I called are booked solid and I need to tile this room yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/Calvin19/videos/861014639631/?pnref=story

>Anyone have any idea why this might be happening or how to fix it?

Junk in the tray; see if you can clean it out. Or the tray got tilted due to an inadvertent smack or something.

Most systems either have two drain lines or a drain line plus an automatic shutoff to prevent this problem. One or the other isn't working - so see if you can locate either the float switch or the second drain to see what's up with it.

It has 2 drain lines, but they are two inches apart on the front (opposite side the holes in the video)

I don't think there is any kind of float switch or mechanical part in the evap unit.

And I don't think it can come apart/open up without a sawzall or a hatchet.

I did vacuum out the drain line before this happened and I can see that maybe I dislodged a chunk of junk:P that dammed it up on the tray somewhere. shit. shit shit shit.

Do you have access to compressed air? Much more powerful than vacuuming.

A couple of years after we built our house, we had a clog of the system from the construction dust. It clogged up the pump for the drain and did the same thing yours is doing. It turned out there were two areas that drained into the pump and drain tube.

Blew that puppy out, and we were good to go.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

Do you have access to compressed air? Much more powerful than vacuuming.

A couple of years after we built our house, we had a clog of the system from the construction dust. It clogged up the pump for the drain and did the same thing yours is doing. It turned out there were two areas that drained into the pump and drain tube.

Blew that puppy out, and we were good to go.

This is our working theory as well. It's this or a cracked tray. I like the fixable one better. A crack-pot team of the best experts in my area is stopping by after work tonight. We will know by perihelion.

DiverMike

on YOUR planet maybe.

My planet also.

In 2015, the Earth will reach its Aphelion at 19:41 (7:41 pm) UTC on July 6, 2015.

I know, I know. I was paraphrasing one of my favorite science fiction novels. Mad points to anyone who can name it.