keleetz

What series should I watch next?

Hey all!
I have a Hulu and Netflix subscription, but no cable.
I have watched True Blood, Breaking Bad and am about to be caught up on all current episodes of Orange is the New Black.
What should I watch next? Hubby and I watch TV after the kids go to bed and we are clueless as to what to start next.
Thanks!
Kelly

Depends on your taste. If you liked breaking bad I think you would like sons of anarchy. You might like to check out Cosmos both new and old. I enjoyed Space Odyssey. Their were some really great little details in it in the back ground, nice special effects. Blue Planet? I think that's the name has some of the best underwater photography I've ever seen. If you like quirky comedies you might check out Eureka. Yes, I'm a geek. Scandal was pretty damn good as was house of cards but the third season was a little lost for direction. And walking dead and Z nation are the best Zombie movies around.

You can tell that I have way too much free time.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

My brother has recommended Black Sails to me, but I've yet to start it. Season 1 is out on DVD, but my nephew says it isn't available on Netflix streaming yet.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

That's a pretty broad request, given all the different styles of tv people like.

I'll note that Spooks and MI-5 are the same thing; just different titles for different national audiences.

To throw a few others out there (not having any idea whether they are on Netflix etc), that have impressed me in the last year:

-- Archer -- Well that's on netflix. Awesome fast paced adult cartoon comedy for when you are brain dead and don't need a serious drama. Ok, some shows were a little low on meaningful plot, but it has been fast paced and outrageous enough to be a lot of fun. Definitely YMMV.

Archer:
Oh my God, you killed a hooker!
Cyril:
Call girl! She was a call girl!
Archer:
No, Cyril, when they're dead, they're just hookers!

-- Babylon - Just a 7 part or something Brit mini series about an American Public Relations consultant in a British police force dealing with all the usual scandals and issues. Shifts between the cops in action and the higher ups dealing with the fallout. Everyone swears a lot more in office environments than I normally hear, but I thought it was hard hitting.

-- Veep - Comedy in the dog eat dog, backstabbing, sometimes disillusioned world of high stakes politics. A few seasons in, this show with Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a lot of fun. (Although it isn't what attracted me, they happen to swear a lot too in that show....supposedly hiring a consultant for creative swearing.)