format

Reasons not to be chearful, 1, 2, 3

I've gained 15 pounds in 6 months
Asked my mother (fat mom) for a comment (she's living 10 ft above me)
So she said these:
1. You have been eating nothing about irregularely
2. Well, it's in your blood
3. Well, aging does make people fatter

She actualy made those comments in a minute or so

Oh. please comment on those
What goes around, comes later.

format

So she said these:

15lb is nothing you can lose that in a month with minimal effort.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

format

it seems that people in trouble will rather pull you in :(
than help you get out (like you guys) :)

I read an article on this very thing once, the basic premise being that your friends will make you fat. Who you hung out with seemed to be one the the biggest factors in obesity. When I look around our DZ I see, for the most part, very healthy, athletic people, much more so than any average trip to Walmart. ;):D

The basic premise works on all things in life. Your companions determine where/what you will be in the future. Hang out with successful types (your criteria) and the odds are higher that you will be successful. Hang out with losers (again, pick your criteria), and you'll become a loser, too.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

JohnMitchell

it seems that people in trouble will rather pull you in :(
than help you get out (like you guys) :)

I read an article on this very thing once, the basic premise being that your friends will make you fat. Who you hung out with seemed to be one the the biggest factors in obesity. When I look around our DZ I see, for the most part, very healthy, athletic people, much more so than any average trip to Walmart. ;):D

makes sense to me my wife went on a diet and I lost 20 pounds :S:D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

jimmytavino

Right Now,,, I am On THREE
diets.....:|[:/]

I wasn't getting nearly Enough to EAT.....on One !!!B|:P:)
jmy

I was just on one diet.... lost 90 pounds now.... I have severely jeopardized any future speed skydiving records.... If I keep this up..... I will be one of those damn floaty butts.

format

So she said these:

I'm a recovering fatty. I shrank from 205 pounds and 36" around to 138 and 26" doing that without ever staying hungry. My resting heart rate is 45. I'm usually as relaxed as when I had a few beers as a more sessile person. I'm well rested after 1-2 hours less sleep and my wife no longer pokes me to roll over and stop snoring. I sweat 1/2 to 1/3 as much as before.

Fat people like your mother rationalize so they feel better about their lifestyle choices. The car-centric American culture, restaurant meals big enough for two, and snack food industry make growing big easy although absent chronic medical problems (like those that preclude exercise) ultimately people choose to be fat.

Change in pounds of fat is (net calories in - calories out) / 3500 when you don't do imprudent things which catabolize muscle. Ignoring hunger and trying to loose more than a pound a week are imprudent.

1. Don't eat or drink anything with calories when you're not hungry.

2. Only eat enough you'll be sated 30 minutes after your last bite, because that's how long it takes for your appetite to catch up with what you've eaten. Go back for seconds and even thirds when necessary. I was surprised to find I could eat at least 1/3 less and be as satisfied.

3. Always eat when hungry so you don't get too ravenous to follow rule #2 or slow your metabolism down.

4. Average at least an hour of moderate aerobic exercise a day because higher intensities disproportionately increase your hunger ("runger") by depleting your glycogen stores.

Some foods make that easier. Fat and protein provide longer lasting satiety and interact better with insulin production. Protein, carbs, and whole foods have higher Thermic Effect of Food so you net less of the energy in them. High bulk foods like greens make you feel full.

Some foods help. Lower carb diets increase the fraction of your energy which comes from fat stores not glycogen especially at higher intensities.

Zep

I've gained 195 pounds over 60 years, so it's true aging does make you fatter:P

Like the rest of us you're suffering from a chronic case of life, which is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate.

More seriously:

Coach Joel Friel's bicycle racing weight at 60 something is still 154 pounds like it was when he was 18. I'm as lean as I was when last riding a lot in 1997 which is lighter than when I graduated from high school in 1991.

Fat people like your mother rationalize so they feel better about their lifestyle choices. The car-centric American culture, restaurant meals big enough for two, and snack food industry make growing big easy although absent chronic medical problems (like those that preclude exercise) ultimately people choose to be fat.

The OP says he is from Serbia in his profile. ;) Otherwise, I agree with your post. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Amazon

Right Now,,, I am On THREE
diets.....:|[:/]

I wasn't getting nearly Enough to EAT.....on One !!!B|:P:)
jmy

I was just on one diet.... lost 90 pounds now.... I have severely jeopardized any future speed skydiving records.... If I keep this up..... I will be one of those damn floaty butts.
you're 7' tall and 2 axe handles wide at the shoulders you're never going to be a floaty butt :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?