sundevil777

For Rush fans & art fans

My oldest replica gave me the most wonderful Father's Day present, a book about the history of the artwork for Rush. It is a fabulous book, the cheapest version of it costs $99, so I would never have bought it for myself. The pages are the thickest I've even encountered, the hardcover feels like it has a soft rubber coating. I've read a good portion of it already, and it does reveal lots of interesting details about the history of their music and development of their artwork.

I was born in '62, they've been my favorite since their 2nd release, the Fly by Night Album.

It seems to not be available on amazon. You can read more about it here:

http://www.rush.com/the-art-of-rush/
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

never understood the fascination with Rush, I've heard a little of their stuff, but they never really made it big out here, same holds true for Phish.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

JohnMitchell

***never understood the fascination with Rush

Like 'em a lot, don't love 'em.

I reserve that for Jimi Hendrix. :)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Also a Rush fan. Remember, my first concert was seeing Rush at Hampton Roads Coliseum, Virginia back in early 80’s.

Oddly my son (who is only 7yr old) was recently going through some of my music and I found it interesting in what he liked or didn’t like. His favourite was Rush; I thought it odd that a young English prep-school boy (not knowing anything about them or even the time era) picked Rush out to the hundreds of old ripped CDs I have my computer - he's obviously got a keen "ear".
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Rush - one of my countries finest exports.

Neal Peart, drummer - also an author. For years I have given copies of his memoir Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road to friends who have suffered a life-altering loss. Well written, deeply introspective, and learning how live again after tragic loss(es). I strongly recommend it!

It also makes a good read for bikers, if just for the travelogue.
(more about the book - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider:_Travels_on_the_Healing_Road)

Unrelated to the book, here are two decent CBC segments with Neal:

Neil Peart interview part 1: motorcycles and writing
Neil Peart dropped by CBC Music to chat to Jesse Kinos-Goodin about motorcycles, touring and writing his new book Far and Near: On Days Like These.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNQXCtlMV0

Neil Peart interview part 2: 40 years of Rush
Neil Peart, the legendary drummer of Rush, and Jesse Kinos-Goodin sit down for an in-depth discussion in this CBC Music exclusive about his literary influences, his new book Far and Near, changing his drumming style, the Foo Fighters, why Tom Sawyer will "never be easy" and more.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H69J9yHan3w

Ahh. . .Neil Pert. The bane of my learning as a drummer. I had it all pact until "Test for Echos" came out. Frustrated the hell out of me to learn it. But learning to play the music is much easier than creating the music.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln