grimmie

Official 2014-2015 NHL thread!

lawrocket

***Very Proud of the Lighting. They hung in there thru a good bit of adversity. They are young and might have the opportunity for a return trip over the next couple of years.

I made Tampa a finals pick months ago. I'll do it again. And the team will be better next year than this year. Tampa isn't losing anybody. Stevie Y has built something that will last for the next five years. And Cooper had a hell of an education. Coaching against Queneville in the Finals. And owning up to making strategic errors. I don't see a hi t of Boudreau in Cooper.

Tampa is a force. And will be one for the next five years. It is a good time for you to get into the sport. Get down to Amelie Arena for a couple of games. See an NHL game in person and you'll be hooked.

I have been going to Lighting games since their first season here (they virtually played in a barn). I was at games when other teams openly laughed at them. And then of course their one remarkable season when they beat Calgary. It has been something that my daughter and I have really enjoyed.

PLFKING

Good luck in the off season everyone!

You too.....see you in October.

And don't forget to include the Wings in your annual 'start-of-season' keynote address. I don't need any smoke blown up my ass.....just a mere mention will suffice. :P:)

Don

You got it!

Looking forward to the new 3-on-3 for OT. It will be interesting to see how the various teams play it. Wish they would have made it 10 minutes though.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Big news with Mike Richards. Kings terminated his contract rather than buy him out. Said he made a material breach. This won't count against the cap if it stands.

Oilers GM said Lombardi was working on trading Richards at the draft. Then he told him that here was an incident with Richards and it's gonna come out. Just found out about it and the trade talk should stop.

Early rumors are that there was an incident at the border. Knowing Mike, I think we can sniff between the lines, so to speak. And after Stoll? The Kings didn't extend him a qualifying offer, either.

This ain't baseball where a coke head can just take $80 million from a team.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yet another King in legal trouble. I read he had oxys at the border. Whoops! Funny how drugs and hitting women can do that. Worked out great for LA to terminate his contract after only one performing season. Ducks acquired Bieksa and Karl Hagelin. Kings got Lucic. Interesting moves out west. Countdown to October.