grimmie

Official 2014-2015 NHL thread!

aphid

Agreed. Domi looked incredible. BUT.... how do go from a lead of 5-1, and close out with a squeaker at 5-4?

The Canadian team gave up two quick power play goals in the 2nd period which helped the Russians claw their way back into the game.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

aphid

***The finals of the World Jrs was pretty crazy fun! Congrats Canada.

Agreed. Domi looked incredible. BUT.... how do go from a lead of 5-1, and close out with a squeaker at 5-4?

At least it was not a repeat the 2011 final...

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

Mid season. How do you like your team's performances so far?

Wings look stronger than they have in a few years. Their PP and kills are clicking on all cylinders, no major injuries, and the youngsters are playing tough.

And again leading the league in kissing their sisters......still haven't figured that one out, or why they suck so bad in shootouts.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

jclalor

The NHL is using GoPros today, that should be interesting.

http://gizmodo.com/the-nhl-will-use-gopros-to-make-hockey-awesome-televisi-1681354857

Should be interesting for the fans. But as we know from skydiving videos (the video never captures exactly what it was like to actually being there), the field of view of a camera is only a fraction of what the the human eye can process. But if this helps the fans understand the speed of the NHL, all the better. The NHL game is fast. It's always been fast, but it's even faster these days than let say 20-30 years ago.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Everyone here in San Diego is excited we're getting an AHL team. This should be fun.

I'm sad that the Ontario Reign will be going AHL however. Their team owner is a friend of mine and we held some great charity games there. Hopefully the Kings will allow us to do the same.

Look at my post above yours from two weeks ago. When the Kings were dead. Now they have a seven game win streak and in third place in the Pacific. Well, tied at 68 points but with games in hand against Calgary and the Sharks.

Sharks are tanking. The Ducks are regular season aces. But check out the Ducks. They are aces at winning close games. I don't think they have a regulation loss by one goal. But they have something like 25 wins by that margin. Should be interesting to see what happens with thrm because that's a trend that really can't continue

My wife is hotter than your wife.

grimmie

Well, only a few games left of the regular season. I will be paying close attention to my Kings and Pens, both on the brink of tee times.:S

How are your teams doing and who do you like for a Cup finals?

My Kings won't win it but will out on a show. Namely it's great to see Ducks fans shitting that the Kings might face them in the first round. Neither will my east coast teams the Leafs and the Flyers. The former a train wreck.

Kings/Preds in western finals. Preds prevail. Rangers and Lightning in the east (that'll be a very fun series to watch). Stanley Cup - Preds over the Lightning.

And The Streak continues.......24 and counting.

Been a tough month, but the Wings got it done. Abdelkader's return will help, I don't have a clue what's going on with Howard, and the whole team needs a lit firecracker stuck up its collective ass.

But hope springs eternal.....ya gotta get in it to win it.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

grimmie

Congrats.

The Kings have official run out of gas.
Two Cups, a Western Finals and a bunch of their players at the Olympics has worn them out. They looked like a pretty tired bunch this past month. Damn.

Let's Go Pens!:P

RIP Kings. It was good while it lasted. Now to figure out who to support. I'm pulling for the Preds. Secondary for the Jets. I like the Jets, too. I love the style of play. And they have great fans. I'll support them.

champu

Patrick Kane's season isn't over!

Let's go Hawks!

I like the Hawks. Second best fans in hockey after Kings fans. We love Hawks fans. And mad respect. But if the Hawks win it again it makes the Kings look worse. Screw them.

Eener and I have gone rounds. I will NOT be disappointed with the Hawks if the win it. But I don't think I will ever see a better series than the one the Kings and Hawks played last year. The two best teams playing at their best. One just got a goal first.

Yes, mad props for the Hawks.

Secondary for the Jets. I like the Jets, too. I love the style of play. And they have great fans. I'll support them.

I live in Winnipeg. You can not imagine the level of hype here. The local paper felt the need to send me an email to let me know the news. They've never sent me one before.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

They really pulled a rabbit outa their collective ass. The way March and April have gone, I really had my doubts. They did it! Last night was nerve wracking. Glad to hear Abdelkader is going to be back. He has turned into one helluva good player! He won't back down and stays full steam ahead.

Go Wings!

Chuck