grimmie

Official 2014-2015 NHL thread!

Who are the Wings going to hire now?

GM Holland is making noises like he'll move Blashill up from the Griffins....he's a mini-Babcock. What gets me is the Detroit fans accusing Babs of chasing the money.....but I'd bet everything I have that if the Wings would have matched Toronto's offer, Babcock would still be in Detroit. I think I read that Quinnville was the highest-paid at $2.9M a year, and Babcock's supposed to turn down $6.25M/year, and settle for $2M/year, out of LOYALTY, after giving the Wings everything he had for 10 years ? Get real. I don't blame him a bit.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I hope I can get a tee time this week. I guess I'll have to stay in San Diego County to golf.

:D

At least the Ducks won't leave droppings all over the course, like the geese do.

Probably. :)

Don
It's a free-for-all."

I like both coaches. Both teams have mobile D-men and great power plays as a result. Both move the puck up ice great, have proven goal scorers and goalies that at time look like world champs or world chumps.

This will all come down to two players, the masked men in goal. As usual.

This will be some amazingly fast hockey.

I very much appreciate what Chicago did to Anaheim. I was their biggest fan the last couple of weeks.

As it is now, fuck them. As much as I love Hawks fans (really, I thought no they are damned good fans) I am seeing the Hawks as a threat to the appreciation of the Kings, who still have possession of the Cup.

But will be a great match up. I look forward to watching it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

grimmie

I would have been really pissed if the Cup went from Hollywood, down the I-5 to Disneyland.:PB|

Not as pissed as Don Cherry or other purists. Imagine SoCal having three of the last 4 Cups. But since Ducks fans are such douches.

Observations of a transient, neophyte hockey fan. I don't know a thing about hockey, and I've only been paying attention and watching the playoffs (in a half-assed kinda way) because the local boys "done good":

As a novice watcher, the Hawks/Ducks games appeared to have been played on a whole 'nother level than the Bolts/Rangers games. I can't put my finger on it, but the gameplay by both WC teams just looked more intense and more "deliberate". It looked like they were executing "plays" while the two EC teams' play looked more haphazard.

Prediction: over in 5 games. TB will win one early. Probably completely wrong. Then I'll return to not watching soccer.

For what it's worth ...GO BOLTS!

grimmie

Will the Hawks do it tonight????
This series has been all one goal games. Do we get a lopsided score tonight???

I think Tampa Takes it tonight. It's been that kind of series. Note the adjustments that have been made.

Tampa has at times during this series looked dominant. But has problems potting the goals. Especially Stamkos. He not only isn't scoring or assisting but he doesn't even look like Stamkos out there. I mean, he's one of those good guys nobody has anything bad to say off the ice but can be a fast and physical game changer. This isn't like the Ducks where Getz and Perry were shut down and their frustration was palpable. It's like Stamkos is hurt and playing gingerly.

xsniper

Very Proud of the Lighting. They hung in there thru a good bit of adversity. They are young and might have the opportunity for a return trip over the next couple of years.

I made Tampa a finals pick months ago. I'll do it again. And the team will be better next year than this year. Tampa isn't losing anybody. Stevie Y has built something that will last for the next five years. And Cooper had a hell of an education. Coaching against Queneville in the Finals. And owning up to making strategic errors. I don't see a hi t of Boudreau in Cooper.

Tampa is a force. And will be one for the next five years. It is a good time for you to get into the sport. Get down to Amelie Arena for a couple of games. See an NHL game in person and you'll be hooked.

Tampa is a force. And will be one for the next five years. It is a good time for you to get into the sport. Get down to Amelie Arena for a couple of games. See an NHL game in person and you'll be hooked.

Been a Tampa fan for more than 10 years. Great to see them in the finals, tough with all the injuries. The next few years look promising!

Loved that Chicago's victory parade was delayed. By Lightning.
Win. B|
You may never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation.

Good luck in the off season everyone!

You too.....see you in October.

And don't forget to include the Wings in your annual 'start-of-season' keynote address. I don't need any smoke blown up my ass.....just a mere mention will suffice. :P:)

Don
It's a free-for-all."