riggerrob

Child starts helicopter at Minnesota air show

Recent news has a 6-year old child starting a med-evac helicopter at a Minnesota airshow. He climbed in an open door and flipped two switches.
The helicopter only suffered minor damage because crew members shut it down within 90 seconds. Mayo Clinic was able to continue med-evac flights with their second helicopter.
The crying child was last seen running towards his father.

"Everything is okay son. I will sue the big, mean pilot for hurting your feelings."

I wonder why aircrew did not pull a bunch of circuit-breakers before putting the helicopter on static-display within reach of the general public.

I say: sue the teenager for damages and whack the aircrews' pee-pees for not turning off the fuel shut-off valves.

Inflicting lawyers on the teen will make his life far more miserable than any beating delivered by his father or his prison cellmates.

Nobody in their right mind leaves a freeking aircraft on display at an airshow with people allowed into it:

Unattended.

Not disabled.

Unattended.

Not disabled.:S

I don't know what the back story is, but I've been to a lot of air shows, where people were allowed to sit in the aircraft, and darn-near every person touched a button or flipped a switch.

How this is the kid's fault is beyond me.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

riggerrob

Recent news has a 6-year old child starting a med-evac helicopter at a Minnesota airshow. He climbed in an open door and flipped two switches.
The helicopter only suffered minor damage because crew members shut it down within 90 seconds. Mayo Clinic was able to continue med-evac flights with their second helicopter.
The crying child was last seen running towards his father.

"Everything is okay son. I will sue the big, mean pilot for hurting your feelings."

I wonder why aircrew did not pull a bunch of circuit-breakers before putting the helicopter on static-display within reach of the general public.

Recruit the kid immediately for Fort Rucker training

Malta_Dog

I would sue Microsoft, DCS and Laminar Research for making such realistics flight simulators, much better chance to receive big $$$...

Microsoft would probably just hire him.... you should see some of the "developers" they hire....