24fps

Broke my butt

Due to a series of poor choices on my part, I failed to stand up my landing on Saturday.

Looks like a bruised, broken or dislocated tailbone. Anyone deal with this before? If so how long until you jumped again? I haven't gone to the doctor because I'm pretty sure all he would do is poke me in the pooper and give me some pain meds.

I find it best to get medical advice from strangers on a forum.
something funny and unique

24fps

Due to a series of poor choices on my part, I failed to stand up my landing on Saturday.

Looks like a bruised, broken or dislocated tailbone. Anyone deal with this before? If so how long until you jumped again? I haven't gone to the doctor because I'm pretty sure all he would do is poke me in the pooper and give me some pain meds.

I find it best to get medical advice from strangers on a forum.

Dislocated tailbone? Yikes.

I hear those little donut pillow help with tailbone injuries.

24fps

Yup ... :)

At the 2005 CPC Swooping Championships, during some challenging windy conditions in one of the speed rounds I spent too long flying the course on my rears and ended up stalling my wing in the middle of the turn (any wing can stall at any airspeed and at any attitude) and I slammed my butt into the ground hard and at a pretty high ground speed. I was kind of lucky I was not more seriously hurt. Now I was jumping the next day, but jumping under special circumstances. There was no way I could risk another butt landing but I really wanted to swoop in some fun pond exhibition freestyle events. So I would purposely chow near the end of each swoop in the pond and the crowds loved it. LOL

I missed about two weeks of jumping as I healed and while I was not 100% when I did start swooping again, I was not out as long as I originally thought.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

broke mine about 5 yrs ago... and I do mean broke it! i have an X-ray somewhere of it, the end is/was completely broken off and kind of floating :/

I was back to jumping the following weekend, but it took a good two years to stop hurting, and it still gives me trouble some times.

I'll see if I can find the X-ray and post a pic :)

It's called the coccyx, I broke my girlfriends coccyx doing a wheely back in 78 on a Honda 750 K four
needless to say it took ages to mend and sex was the pitta, so we broke up. Years later we laughed about it
an got married.

Gone fishing

:( I feel your pain!

I fractured my coccyx speedflying number of years ago. It took a good 4 or 5 months to heal.

Definitely get to a doctor for an xray, and definitely get an inflatable donut. Pooping is going to be a chore for a while unfortunately! Make sure you eat LOTS of natural laxatives... the last thing you want is to be straining. It REALLY hurts! :D:D

I bruised mine on a bad landing (A wind gust knocked me over on top of a late flare), it took about 6 weeks to stop hurting, so I know it was bruised and not broken (takes a year or more!)

I didn't seek medical attention, but seriously considered it. Everything I read said that they don't do much to treat it if it's fractured.

Thanks everyone for the info! It's good to know that others have tried to stop by slamming their asses in to the earth. :) I just got back from the Dr's. Fractured Coccyx! They gave me some nice narcotics so I can sleep and they said no Skydiving, running, heavy workouts for 4 weeks. :(
something funny and unique