Amazon

RIP Kenny Stabler

Sad news. Great college QB and announcer......I think he only lost 4-5 games at Bama. Then he came into the league and gave my Steelers fits. I always dreaded playing him more than Staubach or Griese or Tark.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I'm actually taking this pretty hard. In my mind Snake was everything I loved about the Raiders. On top of that, going out with colon cancer in a hospital just doesn't sound like how he should have gone. Something with a bit more bad ass associated.

Hopefully Matuszak isn't making your time up there too interesting.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

you’ll see a man who is aging in dog years. He started his NFL career as a 23-year-old who looked 19, and ended as a 38-year-old who looked 70. And yet he kept on slinging. Ken Stabler doubled down on life.

-Peter Hartlaub
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

One of the most legendary players to ever come out of the University of Alabama. Immortalizing himself in Crimson lore with his infamous Run In The Mud in the 1967 Iron Bowl vs Auburn, taking an option play to the house for 53 yards in a freaking downpour in the 4th quarter for a 7-3 win. That season almost didn't happen though, he was kicked off the team by Bear Bryant for not conforming to team rules, but he convinced Bear to give him another chance in mid-August. He became an All-American that season and was off to a fabulous NFL career with the Raiders.

He, in a way, personified the Raiders.

It's absolute bullshit that he's not already in the NFL Hall of Fame. Of all the NFL QB's of the decades, 2 or 3 were named for each decade from the 50's and on... he's the only one NOT in the HOF. It's time to give him his due.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am old enough to remember "The Snake". However I never really got to see him play all that much when he was at the prime of his career with the Raiders because back in those days growing up in Canuckistan, my parents did not have cable TV and the only way to watch an NFL game in Canuckistan in the 1970s was if you had cable. So while I was aware of the South Paw's prowess on the gridiron, it was only in the twilight of his career after leaving home and having cable with my roommates did I get to see Kenny play with the Oilers and the Saints.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

BillyVance

One of the most legendary players to ever come out of the University of Alabama. Immortalizing himself in Crimson lore with his infamous Run In The Mud in the 1967 Iron Bowl vs Auburn, taking an option play to the house for 53 yards in a freaking downpour in the 4th quarter for a 7-3 win. That season almost didn't happen though, he was kicked off the team by Bear Bryant for not conforming to team rules, but he convinced Bear to give him another chance in mid-August. He became an All-American that season and was off to a fabulous NFL career with the Raiders.

It's absolute bullshit that he's not already in the NFL Hall of Fame. Of all the NFL QB's of the decades, 2 or 3 were named for each decade from the 50's and on... he's the only one NOT in the HOF. It's time to give him his due.

I was amazed that Mr Bama Football did not post this first... :)

I saw it on my cousin from Bama .............Facebook notifications... she is more of a Bama Fanatic I guess:o

Amazon

***One of the most legendary players to ever come out of the University of Alabama. Immortalizing himself in Crimson lore with his infamous Run In The Mud in the 1967 Iron Bowl vs Auburn, taking an option play to the house for 53 yards in a freaking downpour in the 4th quarter for a 7-3 win. That season almost didn't happen though, he was kicked off the team by Bear Bryant for not conforming to team rules, but he convinced Bear to give him another chance in mid-August. He became an All-American that season and was off to a fabulous NFL career with the Raiders.

I was amazed that Mr Bama Football did not post this first... :)

I saw it on my cousin from Bama .............Facebook notifications... she is more of a Bama Fanatic I guess:o

I probably would have posted it first yesterday but the very first reports were unverified... Doesn't bother me if somebody beat me to it. Just surprised it wasn't Jerry. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban