1 1
Deuce

Deuce Matters

Well, thanks all. This was much more about Shannon than about me. BAM! one of us is gone and then what?

Well, we mattered to some people, and that's all anyone can axe.

Shannon mattered. So many more of us do. I even do a little. You matter. Pull on time.
  • Like 1

Well, thanks all. This was much more about Shannon than about me. BAM! one of us is gone and then what?

Well, we mattered to some people, and that's all anyone can axe.

Shannon mattered. So many more of us do. I even do a little. You matter. Pull on time.

Will do bossman.

Yes - you matter.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Deucey-poo... oh deucey-poo!!! :P

Ah! Getting all maudlin and wussie in public was all worth it to get a post out of you!

What happened, somebody wasnt' watching you learning how to make the world a better place for democracy!

Hope all is well!

(And Corinne and I worked it out :)

We could've helped you heal and get thru whatever you were fighting...why did you give up, my friend? why?:S[:/] you were stronger than that...my heart is so heavy knowing that I could've done something to prevent you from hurting yourself.:(

I never saw this thread. Why didn't anyone see a person begging for help?

:(

Sorry to pick on you when there's been several people who have said "why didn't people help" or "why didn't he reach out?" I think people who spent more time with Deuce than I got a chance to know much more than I do, but I had seen a troubled soul for a while. And I think he reached out in his way. I don't know if he'd sought professional help, but I know there were an awful lot of non-professionals who reached out and helped the best they could.

But ultimately, there's only so much you can do. Sometimes the demons get the best of you and all the love and help in the world can't fix that.[:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why didn't anyone see a person begging for help

PEOPLE DID... but considering how he spoke we well at least I never thought hed commit suicide.

I didn't know him, and certainly didn't know his issues or how he spoke. So sad. Wish he'd had someone who could have helped.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I think skydiving and the community that JP found here helped keep him alive a lot longer than he would have been had he not found "us".

Don't ask why nobody saw it coming.... why nobody did anything.... why you didn't do something..... You did. We did.

This sport and this community filled his final years with a joy he would not have otherwise known.

I want to thank you JP for not taking this to the drop zone. I know you love us. You know we love you. I know you held on as long as you could. I hope you are okay now. I hope you are at rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I think skydiving and the community that JP found here helped keep him alive a lot longer than he would have been had he not found "us".

Don't ask why nobody saw it coming.... why nobody did anything.... why you didn't do something..... You did. We did.

Emotions got in the way. I'm sure every friend he has tried to help. :)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Deuce I never met you but after reading this thread and the Byron weeps thread i am sad for all of your friends and Family you left behind. My thoughts prayers go out to all those hurt and grieving over you leaving early.

Yes Deuce You Mattered.