1 1
Deuce

Deuce Matters

Yes, Jp, you matter. You matter to many people, not the least of which those you're named Deuce for (the twins)...or your wife...or your friends. You matter. And you're loved.

Now go have a beer and contemplate your navel; you've got a midlife thing going on right now...it'll pass.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Wah, wah, wah, pay attention to me!

Of course you matter, ya dumbass!:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah, geez, what possessed me?

I guess Shannon blinking out really bugged me. Being all hedonistic I wondered what would happen if I blinked out like that. I'm sure I'd get a flag draped coffin and the folded version of it handed to my wife by a guy who hated me.

Just a wierd mood. We used to to a lot of that here.

Not so much anymore.

JP

Being all hedonistic I wondered what would happen if I blinked out like that. I'm sure I'd get a flag draped coffin and the folded version of it handed to my wife by a guy who hated me.

Hedonistic my happy ass.

And I'd make sure that whomever handed the flag to your lady loved you as much as the rest of us...not by some dude who hated you. I'd bonk him and hand it to her myself if I thought that were the case.

Look. We all grieve and feel the effects of death in this sport very differently. Some people have anger and rage, some have pure tears, some have disbelief. Some ignore it, pass over it. The one thing I know is that grief is not predictable, and follows no time table. And when it shows up, however that is, it needs to be experienced and passed through to be understood. It's real; it needs it's time and space, and for each of us that time and space is different and will manifest differently. It's all right. However it shows up, it's all right.

Shannon's passing affected hundreds of us. You're normal for having grief, and you're normal in your response to it. And know what else? You'd be missed so very much...and not just by the skydiving community. You'd be missed. You're worth far more than anyone here could ever tell you; look into your girls' eyes and find your value there. Look at your wife's smile and know your value there. Dance through the sky and know your value there. And rest easy that we all adore, love, and admire you.

So there. Go have a beer...and grieve.

My love to you, JP. All my love.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hugs, Deuce! You're loved and would be missed.

Decided to add a bit...

Deuce, you have no clue how much of an impact you made on me when I went to the American Boogie in 2003. You were so sweet and such a big brother to me - making sure that I drank water since I wasn't used to the heat, making sure that I had sunblock on, etc. You're a wonderful guy and would be missed big time, Deuce...never doubt that.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I have only met you once JP, and just in that small space of time I was very impressed. You are a HELL of a guy. Quite honestly if I didn't feel I would be neglecting other friends, I would have just hung out to listen to you talk the whole weekend. B| Such a sense of humor, and such intelligence behind it. :)
I'm sorry to hear that it's still weighing on you so much, but I can understand what you must feel, too. [:/]

Take care. Don't be lookin' for any flags and coffins any time soon, ya hear?! :| Think of how mean that would be to all of us here on the 'com! (that was a pathetic attempt at sick, dark humor :P)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.