promise5

Do you have a word/phrase that you say before you jump?

Not a fucking thing. If I can't hear what you say before I jump, I ain't saying anything.

:P

ETA - I've usually done some variation of the fist bump though. There are hundreds of ways.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

oldwomanc6

***Dear God, please let this sumbitch open right!! :o:D

Which sounds a lot like P5's "Oh, Chute!" :)

Hey! I gots a trademark on that one. Three weeks at jump school. They spend all that time teaching you to count to four thousand and your first jump; it all goes to shit when you holler out Dear God, please let this sumbitch open right!!. It takes ~four seconds to say that and it became my ritual.

So. given that P5 prolly was several years from birth.... MINE!!!! year old voice> :D:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

When jumping camera, I almost always said Shepard's Prayer.

"Dear God, please let me not fuck up."

When jumping for fun, nope. There's almost no way to fuck up a fun jump in a way saying anything before hand is going to make a difference in. Not that it made any difference on a camera jump, but I felt a bigger obligation to not screw it up in more subtle ways.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

sunshine

Yippee ki yay mutha fucker.

That's my favorite phrase. Only I don't use it before jumping. I use it when I put a road rager in his place.

:D:)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban