format

How about having a grinning avatar while commenting on..

say, "Incidents" forum.

You know.. there's avatar of me, grinning on Bora Bora
while I'm giving opinion on fatal accident of... say your late friend.

Does it feel O.K. to you?
Am I exaggerating?
What goes around, comes later.

You aren't exaggerating. A few years ago, the subject of inappropriate sig lines came up, and the wish to turn them off for a single post.

The settings don't allow for this, but I suggested (for those whose sig lines are inappropriate for the incident forum) that they end the post with remove the spaces [#eeefff]

just for example purposes, don't use the other end of the code

It doesn't really get rid of the sig line, but it does make it almost impossible to see. Tilt your monitor back to see what I did, or highlight it. You can see what I did if you quote me and look. As long as your signature doesn't contain other code, it will essentially disappear.

As far as I know, there isn't any way to remove an avatar, or change it temporarily.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

if its the standard avatar, id say over reacting.
it's obviously not meant to be insensitive and just part of the GUI,
the content of their post is more important than the side bar.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

CSpenceFLY

Some people look for reasons to get butt hurt.

Something to consider; family often finds the incident thread. It's not a matter of "butt hurt" for them. We can't expect them to maintain the same grim sense of humor that allows skydivers to continue jumping in the face of obvious risk and acceptance that it could be a friend or oneself on any given jump.

On an open forum, we should keep in mind that we aren't always just talking amongst ourselves.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I don't know...
I don't come to funerals dressed as McDonald's clown.
OF COARSE I do hilarious skydiving jokes right there. Somehow I feel right for that. I hope you'll expect me there and you're welcome for mine.

but there's a thingy with avatar, like that's no place to show it, if it's like some people's.

oldwomanc6

***Some people look for reasons to get butt hurt.

Something to consider; family often finds the incident thread. It's not a matter of "butt hurt" for them. We can't expect them to maintain the same grim sense of humor that allows skydivers to continue jumping in the face of obvious risk and acceptance that it could be a friend or oneself on any given jump.

On an open forum, we should keep in mind that we aren't always just talking amongst ourselves.

But you are talking about something that has nothing to do with the incident. If people are too stupid to know how a forum works maybe it should be harder for them to log in.

format

***Some people look for reasons to get butt hurt.

Yeah yeah...
Your butt doesn't hurt now, does it?
David Lynch never offended my sensitive mind, this does.

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean. Is that picture supposed to offend me? Is that a mini you? I'm confused.