champu

Canadian Pre-paid SIMs

Rogers has good coverage and so does Telus. Avoid Bell for a myriad of reasons.

Use your Canadian coverage sparingly. We have some of the highest cell and data costs among the industrialized world.

Also, if you're further into the Rockies than Canmore/Banff, don't expect much coverage. Even along the Trans Canada highway there are enormous dead spots through the mountains.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

John

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

I've downloaded offline maps in google maps of all the areas we're planning on going to, so we should be able to get by without it for most of the trip. It's just nice to have when initially getting sorted out in case wi-fi is hard to come by.

champu

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

I've downloaded offline maps in google maps of all the areas we're planning on going to, so we should be able to get by without it for most of the trip. It's just nice to have when initially getting sorted out in case wi-fi is hard to come by.

If you're planning to go even slightly off the main highways, buy some paper maps.
Remster

Remster

***Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

If you're planning to go even slightly off the main highways, buy some paper maps.

They still have them??? :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

They still have them??? :o:D

Yep.

They don't break, lose signal, have dead batteries, ect.
And when they are incorrect, you just take a pen and write in the correct information.

I actually use my big road atlas quite a lot. It's great for getting a bigger view, to get an idea of how I want to go to get where I'm going.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Update: I think we're going to be fine without. The rental car we picked up has a navigation system so between that, a paper map, and wi-fi the phone will stay in airplane mode.

Now it's just a matter of planning hikes around the thunderstorms.