ryoder

Swedish Woman Told She's Too Big For The Modeling Industry

Meh. I can see the issue. She surely isn't fat by any stretch of the imagination, but she also isn't in shape. Her upper body and legs show very little development and her genetics place excess bodyfat in her rear and hips. That might present a problem for some clothing that the seller / producer wants to present. It will be hard to slim those hips for some types of clothing. She seems to know that her rear is out of proportion and she works hard to keep from giving a clear and prolonged view of it. For the average woman, she looks great. For a model...there are probably better options in an industry where appearance is everything.

In her case, I doubt she exercises or has much knowledge of diet. At 19, she has trusted in youth to take care of her. Now, genetics are kicking in and she might consider learning how to care for her body if that is how she wants to earn money.

I'm not going to cry for her or villify an industry that is known for being all about image. She has made money for five years by looking how they wanted her to look. Now, she is trying to get attention because she no longer looks how they want her to look. Ha.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Models get told they are ugly/fat/not-tall-enough/etc all the time. Ironically, they are more criticized for their looks than any one else in the world - it's unfortunately part of the industry. Some of the biggest top models have been rejected again and again and again... Until one designer "discovers" them and suddenly they are super-stars (Cindy Crawford comes to mind)!

It's kinda sad and ironic... Because millions of girls envy models and yet designers and agents will pick apart and criticize every inch of her body no matter how gorgeous or how close to perfection she is. So yeah... Even the girls that are the so-called ideal aren't "good enough." :S[:/]

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The problem is that the bigger hips body type is rather common, and very difficult to find clothing for right now. My weight is in the normal range, but pants that fit in the butt are so big in the waist that I have to alter them, or they show my butt crack. And with hip huggers, there often isn't enough fabric, just because of how pants are made.

I can't wait for mom jeans to come back.

And I'm not unique. It takes a very boyish figure to carry off hip huggers, or a lot of what's available in the stores right now.

I agree she's not all buff. OTOH, I'm not sure that's the look the agencies are looking for, either.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)