promise5

Opinions on parents at a boogie?

promise5

Would you take your parent to a boogie ?

While jumping is going on? Sure. When the beer light comes on? I'll get them outta there before then. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

at the Luau he parked his chair outside the foam pit. When I told him it was time to go he said "hold on a minute every time they come out of there they have less clothes on" :o

You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Brought them out to the holiday boogie at ZHills several years ago. Dad absolutely loved hanging out on the deck watching canopies and aircraft operations. Mom enjoyed it too, though she's not as much of an enthusiast as Dad. Introduced them to some friends, they got to watch me and the BF do a few jumps and land, I showed them an Otter while it was parked, it was all a fun day. ZHills is one of the DZs that's wonderfully set up for spectators with plenty of seating on the deck, food, decent restrooms, etc.; not all are so comfortable for spectators to hang out.

We left mid-afternoon that day and there was a fatality on the DZ later that day. While I know my parents understand the risks of skydiving, I was very glad that we weren't still there when it happened. That's something to consider if you feel like that might freak out your guests (whoever they may be).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My Dad has been to the DZ to see me jump once. Mom has never been.

They both did get to see me jump out at the Florabama bar on the beach, and at the beach house they rent every summer. Not like they had any choice. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

My Dad has been to the DZ to see me jump once. Mom has never been.

They both did get to see me jump out at the Florabama bar on the beach, and at the beach house they rent every summer. Not like they had any choice. :D

yeah my Mom had no interest in watching me jump for years. Then I took her to the disappearing island party that DeLand puts on a couple times a year. She had a great time and is not so nervous about my jumping.

When I jumped the flag at the New Smyrna Beach air show a few months age she was the first one to give me a hug after I landed. :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!