Nataly

Our company is recruiting in North America

ryoder

You work for a helicopter company?
When did this happen?
Do they have any locations in CO?

I would hope the new ones are a wee bit better at dealing with higher altitudes when it is "warm"... The Alouette they brought to Lost Prairie a few years ago had the lift capacity of a gnat.;)

Amazon

***You work for a helicopter company?
When did this happen?

I would hope the new ones are a wee bit better at dealing with higher altitudes when it is "warm"... The Alouette they brought to Lost Prairie a few years ago had the lift capacity of a gnat.;)

Which version? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9rospatiale_Alouette
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******You work for a helicopter company?
When did this happen?

Which version? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9rospatiale_Alouette

I was so underwhelmed... I do not know for sure... probably an A318 variant... perhaps Tall Guy can remember... but with two of us in it.. midday... it lifted off got to about 5ft alti and started to nose down to begin its climb out and the pilot set it down after going about 30 ft downrange

Remster

When did this happen?

You're the worst stalker ever.....

Hey, he's been busy keeping up with (and keeping us informed about) the Longmont situation. That takes valuable time away from other activities.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Remster

When did this happen?

You're the worst stalker ever.....

:D:D:D I have been with Avinco since 2011!!! The people and the company is AWESOME and we are looking for someone based in North America to cover the North American market (d'uh!).
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Amazon

When did this happen?

The Alouette "they" brought?? Who are "they"??!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

They need salesmen? I'd have thought they pretty much sell themselves. You guys should just sell them on amazon.com. I was just looking for a helicopter on there the other day, and they came up empty! I was all like "Once again, the internet has failed me!" Bet I could get a helicopter on alibaba *mutter* That's a lot more than you find on amazon!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Nataly

******You work for a helicopter company?
When did this happen?

The Alouette "they" brought?? Who are "they"??!!!

It was a skydiving event specialty aircraft brought in to do helicopter jumps..... turns out it was too hot and the field elevation was such that its lift capacity with any skydivers on board was "limited". They needed to be able to take more than a couple people at a time to make it worthwhile.

FlyingRhenquest

They need salesmen? I'd have thought they pretty much sell themselves. You guys should just sell them on amazon.com. I was just looking for a helicopter on there the other day, and they came up empty! I was all like "Once again, the internet has failed me!" Bet I could get a helicopter on alibaba *mutter* That's a lot more than you find on amazon!

Buying a used helicopter is just a little more complicated than buying a used car/motorcycle/lawnmower... :D:D:D:P So yeah... Lots of buyers don't feel comfortable buying used directly from the seller for a whole host of reasons (regulations vary from country to country; they may not know how to interpret the serviceability of the aircraft; they may not know any mechanics for upgrades/inspections/repairs; they may want a search&rescue heli but don't know where to buy hoist etc to modify what used to be a VIP heli... Et cetera, et cetera).

You don't just go to craigslist!!! Although I imagine you *might* occasionally find one there!! :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

So Nat, with your background in helicopters, do you ever get called out to the hanger to work on them, when they are short on mechanics?;)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

We don't have an office in North America, so you can work from your toilet if you like!

Have a look at the job specs and go ahead and apply if you think you might be right for the job :)
Maybe don't mention you know me as this could hurt your chances of getting hired!! :ph34r::ph34r::P

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

ryoder

So Nat, with your background in helicopters, do you ever get called out to the hanger to work on them, when they are short on mechanics?;)

Nope, but I have gone on various trips to inspect/select spare parts for us to buy and sell on. You know... Check the general condition, check it has all the appropriate paperwork (or get it if it's not up-to-date), ensure it is worth selling (not too many flight hours, et cetera, et cetera) :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

ryoder

BTW How does a Canadian in Monaco, who once lived in England, happen to speak Swedish???

Part of me wants to make a reference to John Candy in "Splash."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***BTW How does a Canadian in Monaco, who once lived in England, happen to speak Swedish???

I had no idea what you were talking about, but Google to the rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPf3kO-p7hc:D

ryoder

******BTW How does a Canadian in Monaco, who once lived in England, happen to speak Swedish???

I had no idea what you were talking about, but Google to the rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPf3kO-p7hc:D

"Hey babe, I've got a 12 inch penis!" :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Nataly

Share (or apply) if you think you know someone who might be interested in being a helicopter sales representative :)
http://www.avinco.net/avinco/about-avinco/career.html

What the heck! Application sent.

All they can do is say no and give me the finger. ;) The one that points to the exit....