strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

I don't know. It was hard to understand what the guy said in the press conference because it kept cutting out. I have a feeling that the plane didn't crash.

What is your theory? I'm keen to hear it, I've expressed mine, so give it up homey!! :)
Best-
Richard

I don't really have a theory. I think it was hijacked, possibly by, or with the help of, the cockpit crew. If the crew was involved, it could easily have been landed somewhere. It looks like the Malaysian cops searched the homes of the flight crew - after relatives of one of the crew went into the house and removed items said to be "clothing and toiletries". Maybe he is/was a tranny and his relatives wanted it kept secret:o

Why don't they just ask the NSA? They track everything.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

RobertMBlevins

It's beginning to look like either a crew-inspired hijacking, or there were outside hijackers on board who gained control. But there are still some puzzles on why no one was able to communicate anything to the outside world.

Let's say it is a "Red October" scenario. That is to say, the "officers" of the ship have decided to break all ties with their former country and fly the ship somewhere else. Nobody else on board knows. Not the cabin crew or passengers. In this case, the pilots and ONLY the pilots are required. They hold virtually ALL the cards. They could tell the passengers pretty much any damn thing they want, like China and the US have started WWIII which blacked out communications, then all they do is shut off the aircraft phone service and have passengers who would trust whatever the pilots told them.

OR any one of a bajillion other options. Chances are 99.99% of all passengers have no flipping clue where they are while flying anyway and especially so over an ocean.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I don't think it's "more plausible" at all. I wouldn't categorically rule it out, but it doesn't make any sense the Malaysian government would shoot down the aircraft unless they thought it had a good chance of being used as a weapon against Malaysia itself. As long as the aircraft is flying away from your country with your citizens on it, then it makes sense to allow it to continue to do so.

You set up a standard military intercept and just follow it. You don't shoot it down for no reason.

No reason, are you kidding me? Suppose an unknown aircraft of unknown origin with no identifying signals being transmitted, and no communications, and lets face it - probably no nav lights with the window shades down... Suppose an A/C like that comes in toward manhattan from the atlantic ocean, then turns away from the country but still really close. Do you think for a MOMENT that it wouldn't be shot down?

It's extremely plausible. In all likelihood, it was shot down by Malaysian Air Defense Artillery or a scrambled fighter. Even though it wasn't hostile they might think "better safe than sorry" and shoot first before doing a complete assessment.

Just look at their handling of this mess. Changing their story every other day, they're like bumbling idiots. They're covering up.

quade

Let's say it is a "Red October" scenario. That is to say, the "officers" of the ship have decided to break all ties with their former country and fly the ship somewhere else. Nobody else on board knows. Not the cabin crew or passengers. In this case, the pilots and ONLY the pilots are required. They hold virtually ALL the cards. They could tell the passengers pretty much any damn thing they want, like China and the US have started WWIII which blacked out communications, then all they do is shut off the aircraft phone service and have passengers who would trust whatever the pilots told them.

OR any one of a bajillion other options. Chances are 99.99% of all passengers have no flipping clue where they are while flying anyway and especially so over an ocean.

"Re-verify our range to satellites... one ping only.
Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."
:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BigMikeH77

...Just look at their handling of this mess. Changing their story every other day, they're like bumbling idiots. They're covering up.

No. If they had shot it down and were trying to cover it up, then they would have concocted a story and stuck to it.

They don't know what's going on. They are as confused as anyone. They aren't admitting it, they don't want to look like they don't know, but it sure looks to me like they are simply trying to figure out what happened.
Just like the rest of us.

Given what happened in 2001, any country could easily say "We tracked the plane heading toward (insert high profile target here). We attempted to make contact, but were unsuccessful. We attempted to force it to turn back with fighters, including firing shots across it's nose, but it continued. So we shot it down."

There would be a bit of noise made, but no real repercussions.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

RobertMBlevins

I waited over a week. Read hundreds of articles, even the ones that point to aliens as the responsible party. (riiiiight...) I finally came up with one theory that might fit the few facts available.

No. You've clearly stated you firmly believed other "theories" before. Just scroll back and read your own words.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If you go on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread you'll see that I theorized everything that's coming to light right now, before today's info was publisized. I can't believe it's being re-hashed. I have learned nothing new as of yet. Don't spect' I will either. Select view all, and read all of the posts in this thread and you'll see there is no reason to expound on this matter further at this time. And YES, there were Satt-Com phones on every head rest, on every seat in that plane, 1st Class, Business Class & Cattle Car, coach what ever you wanna call it.

Best-
Richard

RobertMBlevins

I waited over a week. Read hundreds of articles, even the ones that point to aliens as the responsible party. (riiiiight...) I finally came up with one theory that might fit the few facts available.

With China being a major supporter of Iran, it just doesn't seem to make much sense that Iran would be fucking with a bunch of their citizens.

I find that theory, while interesting and entertaining, quite incredible. If the Iranian government wanted these two so badly, they wouldn't have ordered a 777 with 230 other people on board to bring them back... They would have used other, more discreet methods surely.

RobertMBlevins

The only part I have trouble with is that Iran would have the motivation to do that.
They are too cunning to do something so blatant.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

We will see this plane again and when it crashes, we'll know what caused it.

Yep, that's my biggest fear. Should this happen, get everything you own locked and loaded NOW. And buy all of the ammo you can @ Lots And Lots Of "Ammo Here! Ammo Man Dot Com. "Wolverines!" (Patrick Swayze in "Red Dawn") Hella good movie!

Best-
Richard

The only part I have trouble with is that Iran would have the motivation to do that. They are too cunning to do something so blatant.

Oh they have a motive allright. It's called "Revenge for being born." Akmadinijah Iran's "Hitler" wants nothing more than to cause agony, fear and hatred. He a real No-Class Act. In NK we have Kim Duck Ill also wants to eradicate the US Of A. He's young, but very dangerous, IMO he's just as, if not more dangerous than Iran's Little Hitler. We need a clown icon in mark up. ;)B|

Best-
Richard

rwieder

The only part I have trouble with is that Iran would have the motivation to do that. They are too cunning to do something so blatant.

Oh they have a motive allright. It's called "Revenge for being born." Akmadinijah Iran's "Hitler" wants nothing more than to cause agony, fear and hatred. He a real No-Class Act. In NK we have Kim Duck Ill also wants to eradicate the US Of A. He's young, but very dangerous, IMO he's just as, if not more dangerous than Iran's Little Hitler. We need a clown icon in mark up. ;)B|

Best-
Richard

Ahmadinejad is no longer the president.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Iran

The way I see it, if someone stole the plane and went to all this trouble to hide where it was going, they plan to do something with the passengers or the plane itself later.

If so, they need a place to land and maybe take-off again relatively safely. If that is the case, I don't see them flying over India (they would probably be seen by their military radars).

The only place I can see them go is one of the northern 'stan, flying over the himalayas, in between China and India's radar coverage. It matches the last ping location on the northern arc, they would avoid detection by military radar, and they would be able to land and refuel undetected in those countries.

vitriol

The way I see it, if someone stole the plane and went to all this trouble to hide where it was going, they plan to do something with the passengers or the plane itself later.

If so, they need a place to land and maybe take-off again relatively safely. If that is the case, I don't see them flying over India (they would probably be seen by their military radars).

The only place I can see them go is one of the northern 'stan, flying over the himalayas, in between China and India's radar coverage. It matches the last ping location on the northern arc, they would avoid detection by military radar, and they would be able to land and refuel undetected in those countries.

I agree to a point, but I think there was only one thought of how to deal with the passengers, and the report of the aircraft being take to 45000 feet. Time of useful consciousness at that altitude is very short.
From Wiki

FL 350 30 sec to 60 sec 10,668 m 35,000
FL 400 15 to 20 sec 12,192 m 40,000
FL 430 9 to 15 sec 13,106 m 43,000

It was after midnight .. most passengers were asleep already after 1 AM on a redeye out over the ocean with no cell towers. Not a single call sat phone or otherwise someone was very effective in silencing 230+ people and a great way to do that is to take the aircraft up and let the cabin pressure drop after disabling the cabin O2 masks. Its amazingly quick.:| and you do not need to be there for long and they passengers are no longer a problem for the hijackers...

Amazon

I agree to a point, but I think there was only one thought of how to deal with the passengers, and the report of the aircraft being take to 45000 feet. Time of useful consciousness at that altitude is very short.
From Wiki

It was after midnight .. most passengers were asleep already after 1 AM on a redeye out over the ocean with no cell towers. Not a single call sat phone or otherwise someone was very effective in silencing 230+ people and a great way to do that is to take the aircraft up and let the cabin pressure drop after disabling the cabin O2 masks. Its amazingly quick.:| and you do not need to be there for long and they passengers are no longer a problem for the hijackers...

I agree that if they wanted to silence everyone quickly, that would do it. seeing that they climbed that high and then descended to normal altitude might point in that direction. If they did in fact depressurize the cabin to that end, that also points in the direction that they wanted to keep the plane intact. Otherwise they could easily have just crashed the plane to kill everyone.

On the topic of why nobody called, at high altitude very often it is difficult to get a signal on a cell phone, even over land. concerning the sat phones, they can be disabled from the cockpit.

If everybody was killed by the depressurization, that could explain why later the cell phones of the passengers were ringing when people called them.

Amazon

***The way I see it, if someone stole the plane and went to all this trouble to hide where it was going, they plan to do something with the passengers or the plane itself later.

From Wiki

On the theory of killing the passengers via rapid depressurization, I'm thinking the authorities should be keeping their eyes open for a mass grave as well. If the passengers aren't still with that aircraft, that is.
Always be kinder than you feel.

quade

You might want to check the lat/long on that. It's almost certainly ruled out by now.

Yeah, old stuff.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG