strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

strife

I hope this works out ok

Not likely going to happen. Two oil slicks consistent with a water crash were seen but no wreckage. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I hope this works out ok

Not likely going to happen. Two oil slicks consistent with a water crash were seen but no wreckage. [:/]

Acording to other forums the slicks appear to be some kind of placton: "I am a marine scientist, and to me that photo shows a slick of the cyanobacterium Trichodesmium, which is common this time of year in the gulf of Thailand"

http://www.windows2universe.org/headline_universe/olpa/microbe_25feb10.html&edu=high
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

227 passengers (including 2 infants) and 12 crew members

This is a trip. I fly that very same route to Indonesia, then to Sumatra. That could've been me. I think I'll reconsider going back. So sorry For the 249 souls on board. :(

Best-
Richard

lawrocket

I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

Yeah I don't understand it either. Seems like the Bermuda Triangle where planes and boats just seemed to disappear doesn't it?

Maybe aliens abducted the plane. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

Yeah I don't understand it either. Seems like the Bermuda Triangle where planes and boats just seemed to disappear doesn't it?

Ancient Aliens . . . MIB did a flashy thing on the ATC.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

:D All the same, it is weird. No mayday calls, no nothing to indicate to ATC that anything was wrong. Everything seems fine, then... nothing. :S

BillyVance

*********I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

:D All the same, it is weird. No mayday calls, no nothing to indicate to ATC that anything was wrong. Everything seems fine, then... nothing. :S

They neurolized the ATC, I know its true.

The video rental guys went to Cambodia, and it's really not that far from there . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

lawrocket

I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

Mighty big ocean...:|

Any number of possible scenarios at this point...

Maybe they tried to pull a Sully on the Hudson & it's a submarine now.

The right seater had 2000 hrs...that's rather low for a 777 on most airlines...they may be partying with Amelia.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

***I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

Problem with that scenario is if that is what they were trying to do, wouldn't you think they'd have radio'ed ATC with maydays?

BillyVance

******I'm struggling to wrap my head around this. Wherever it was, that plane was intact over the water. It's been almost three days and no debris has been found. Not even a seat cushion.

I'm just baffled.

Problem with that scenario is if that is what they were trying to do, wouldn't you think they'd have radio'ed ATC with maydays?

Not if something did enough damage to the aircraft to disable the transponder and the radio.

Oh boy . . . I hope this isn't terrorism.:|

airtwardo

I'm just baffled.

The right seater had 2000 hrs...that's rather low for a 777 on most airlines...they may be partying with Amelia.

How does your Captain Mom deal with this kind of perplexing news? It must be somewhat unnerving not knowing if it's mechanical, airframe or the other nefarious suggestions that have been floating around.
Always be kinder than you feel.

airtwardo

I'm just baffled.

Hell, maybe they dropped it to the deck and flew somewhere else. Not likely, but not outside of the realm of possibility either.
cavete terrae.

grue

I'm just baffled.

Hell, maybe they dropped it to the deck and flew somewhere else. Not likely, but not outside of the realm of possibility either.

I'm wishing for that scenario but you know how some people are on commercial flights with their cell phones when you get below a certain altitude. It's a symphony of different call/text/message ringtones because people turn their cells off of airplane mode too early before getting the OK from the crew. Someone would've surely gotten a message out to someone, you know? [:/]
Always be kinder than you feel.

grue

Yep, a number of possibilities and it's sort of pointless to speculate on anything right now without any evidence.

What annoys me are the people who are already jumping into the conspiracy theories that "the government" is covering this all up. Really? Which "the government" would that be and exactly how would that even be possible given all the various countries involved in the search?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver