strife

Malyasian Flight missing - MH370

LuckyMcSwervy

I would tend to trust US and Australian search team spokespeople a bit more than I would the Chinese. They're emotionally invested in this.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There are an awful lot of armchair experts here that can obviously do a better job of keeping tabs on 80,000 commercial flights per day.

But lack of evidence is not evidence of a conspiracy.

Yes.:)
The Furtive fallacy took hold of this one fast.

-SPACE-

BillyVance

I would tend to trust US and Australian search team spokespeople a bit more than I would the Chinese. They're emotionally invested in this.

The report says a black box detector deployed by the vessel, Haixun 01, picked up a signal at 37.5Hz per second Saturday at around 25 degrees south latitude and 101 degrees east longitude.

Mmmm....technologically reliable reporting there... B|
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

The report says a black box detector deployed by the vessel, Haixun 01, picked up a signal at 37.5Hz per second Saturday at around 25 degrees south latitude and 101 degrees east longitude.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

Ah, but which that? I highlighted TWO mistakes. ;)
quade -

quade

Ah, but which that? I highlighted TWO mistakes. ;)

Well, the frequency of the underwater locator beacon is 37.5kHz

And the whole part about saying 37.5 cycles per second, per second... Just sounds a bit redundant.

ETA: Meaning it sends a signal with a ultrasonic frequency of 37.5kHz once per second.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/06/china-ship-detects-pulse-signal-in-search-for-missing-malysia-airlines/

Houston confirmed a report by China's official Xinhua News Agency that the patrol vessel Haixun 01 had detected a "pulse signal" at 37.5 kilohertz (cycles per second) -- the same frequency emitted by flight data recorders aboard the missing plane -- in the search area in the southern Indian Ocean Saturday.

RobertMBlevins

PREDICTION: This will be one of the fastest 'preliminary reports' in aviation history, once they find those boxes. People will not accept a wait of several weeks, or months, for results from the FDR and the voice recorder.

If and when they locate these boxes and retrieve them, the people in the know who get to examine them first will be under tremendous pressure for at least some basic answers.

The unquestionably best people on the planet to do the analysis are in the US. These people will take precisely as long as it takes. They can't be rushed; that simply isn't in their code of conduct.

Unfortunately, there are people who no longer trust the US with information or the dissemination of it. Some of this is "earned" through the actions of other parts of the US government, but the accident investigators have nothing to do with any of that nonsense.

No matter what is said, there will be a conspiracy theory.
quade -

>No matter what is said, there will be a conspiracy theory.

"Will be?"

==============
"The. . . aircraft was seized to obtain stealth knowledge of classified patents from 22 Chinese employees of Austin-based Freescale."

"MH370 was . . . captured by the United States and then flown to the United States' military base on Diego Garcia."

"the passengers are still alive but cannot answer their cellphones."

Rush Limbaugh: "What if some hostile country flew up there and shot it down, and then discovered their mistake and nobody wants to admit what happened?"

"hackers may have changed the plane's speed, direction, and altitude using radio signals to the plane's flight management system."

"MH370 may have been consumed by a black hole."

"Alexandra Bruce proposed that the flight had been captured by extraterrestrials."

"Shakira's song "Get It Started" displays prior knowledge of Flight 370's disappearance has been reported on by The Independent. The lines cited most often by advocates of this conspiracy theory are "Now it's off to Malaysia" and "Two passports, three cities, two countries, one day"."
==================

SoCalJumper

I am surprised we haven't had people come out of the woodwork and say the Red Bull Stratos jump was faked..... just like the moon landing was.

Well . . . it wouldn't exactly be the first time Felix was involved with something that was (how do we put this?) questionably real.

Stratos had a bit more oversight thought.
quade -

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/nr-australian-pm-howell-plane-black-box.cnn.html

In this video, it shows a clip of a 4 engine turbo prop shutting down one of the engines. Any idea why?

theonlyski

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/nr-australian-pm-howell-plane-black-box.cnn.html

In this video, it shows a clip of a 4 engine turbo prop shutting down one of the engines. Any idea why?

They do that to save fuel. If you're just doing slow speed observation and not cruising, might as well use two motors at 50% instead of four at 30%

-SPACE-

Calvin19

***http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/nr-australian-pm-howell-plane-black-box.cnn.html

They do that to save fuel. If you're just doing slow speed observation and not cruising, might as well use two motors at 50% instead of four at 30%

Makes sense. Thanks.

Calvin19

***http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/nr-australian-pm-howell-plane-black-box.cnn.html

My OCD kickin' in....Engines not Motors ;).

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

******http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/nr-australian-pm-howell-plane-black-box.cnn.html

My OCD kickin' in....Engines not Motors ;).

I agree, though the technical definitions are open for more interpretation than I would consider worthy of an OCD trigger.:P 'Motor' is more broad of a term than 'engine'. In a mechanical context, Engine specifically defines a motor that converts thermal energy into kinetic motion.

-SPACE-

Calvin19

I would also think less engine noise hitting the sea surface from 2 engines instead of 4 might help the sonobouys detect those faint pings.

Amazon

******http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/11/nr-australian-pm-howell-plane-black-box.cnn.html

I would also think less engine noise hitting the sea surface from 2 engines instead of 4 might help the sonobouys detect those faint pings.

Good call. I wonder if they have to watch out to keep them from resonating/syncing cycle at 37.5khz:P

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/girlfriend-mh370-passenger-something-being-covered-n198046

Deep sigh....

It sucks losing someone you love. I know.

But a completely possible scenario does not -always- equal reptilians assuming control of earth.

I have said before that I am surprised that this has not happened before(...but it has, Air France 447, only there were a few parts that made it easier to find).

She is correct in thinking that the constant GPS positioning and remote recording is possible and even feasible. I believe that she is incorrect in thinking that 'someone' is negatively interfering with the investigation.