FlyingRhenquest

Yes! I Have ALL The Internets!

Longmont Power and Communication guys came by yesterday and ran their gigabit fiber to the inside of my house. I'm getting 600 MBPS up and down on speedtest.net using their Pueblo, Colorado server! Also, an obnoxious problem I had with Comcast seems to have gone away -- whenever the computer wakes up from sleeping, it would not be able to access DNS for several minutes. You could still ping numeric IP addresses, but you could not resolve the names for those addresses.

I'm looking forward to uploading some youtube videos at these speeds. They were taking upwards of an hour on Comcast.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

and i spent an hour on the phone with cox this morning because my credit card got stolen last month and i needed up update it, but their website doesnt work, local number hangs up on me, and then they tried to slam me with $35 in fees for returned payment and phone assisted payment.

I just got a bill for the first month and a half for my cable and internet (no choice -- my apartment complex is served by ONE company only). They're charging me for the "enhanced" internet (up to 12 Mps download), but I'm still getting only about 5. At first they said it was because I was online during peak usage times. Then they checked to find I was only connected for "up to" 6 Mps). They said they'd fix it within a couple of days. It's been two weeks. >:(

Of course, I should have followed up, but I have a job during the day, and don't always get online in the evenings or weekends. Getting the bill reminded me that I have to make a phone call....

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

FlyingRhenquest

Verizon is in no way involved.

So you don't get the benefit of their X-UIDH "feature"?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And Comcast announces they are rolling out symmetrical 2Gbps in Atlanta.
Amazing what happens when they get competition from Google.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/comcast-doubles-google-fiber-with-2gbps-symmetrical-fiber-service/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

And Comcast announces they are rolling out symmetrical 2Gbps in Atlanta.
Amazing what happens when they get competition from Google.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/comcast-doubles-google-fiber-with-2gbps-symmetrical-fiber-service/

Hmm and didn't I just see that Spaceland just started up a dropzone in Atlanta? If someone would build a wind tunnel there, they might start being competitive with Longmont (Except we can grow our own pot and gay marriage is legal here.)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?