Maxx

Stiletto 135 with 1000 jumps

Hi folks,

I'm about to get a used Stiletto 135 with 1000 jumps on it..It's from DOM 97. It has a brand new lineset on it, with 0 jumps. My question is: How will it perfom in comparison to a new Stiletto? Does the flare gets worse over the time?

Thanks for your input..

Feet up!
Max

has it had a porosity test recently? I just send a stilleto to a friend to use as a cover that was so porous you could feel a ceiling fan through it... even with a new line set it was not airworthy...

While the number of jumps on it has some meaning, at least as important would be information about where it was jumped and packed. A thousand jumps in a dusty desert, and packed in the dirt, is far more degrading to a canopy than a thousand jumps in a grassy place and always packed indoors. I'd generally worry more about fabric strength than fabric porosity. A mfr or a well-equipped loft could do a pull test on the fabric for you.

To get to your question though, I'd expect it to perform pretty much like a brand new stiletto.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Also, did the canopy ever get wet? From my understanding, the tape on the canopy can shrink slightly in certain areas causing it to fly differently.

My Stiletto has 1000 jumps on it and flies good and the flare is still strong. The openings can be interesting at times and because of this I am thinking of getting a new slider. But overall it behaves like a new canopy.

i've put a ploethra of jumps on a stiletto 135 that had at least 3000 jumps on it with a new line set. still had plenty of flare power and flew great all around despite the fact that you can breathe through the fabric. i had a few spinning openings on it, but i would just reccomend jumping the canopy yourself to see.
~E

p.s. my avitar is a picture of me holding my reserve after having REAL bad line twists on that canopy! haha.

And, well, it's just a guess, but a product like a spray or a bath in a solution or something that could restore impermeability to the fabric...is as far away as the proverbial packing machine, is it not?:S

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

Hi folks,

I'm about to get a used Stiletto 135 with 1000 jumps on it..It's from DOM 97. It has a brand new lineset on it, with 0 jumps. My question is: How will it perfom in comparison to a new Stiletto? Does the flare gets worse over the time?

Thanks for your input..

Feet up!
Max

My used Stiletto with 1,200 jumps on it and a new line set performs just like my Stiletto that has 400 jumps on it.. Both wonderful canopies.. B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures