NewGuy2005

Kallend, Is This You?

You know, way back in the olden days of five years ago, a manned vehicle lifted by one or more spinning blades was called a "helicopter".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

BillyVance

LMFAO All that work put into building that, only to get a few feet off the ground? :D:D:D

The question is:
Was that all the machine could do, or was that as high as he had the courage to take it?

I got the impression he didn't have a lot of control over it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***LMFAO All that work put into building that, only to get a few feet off the ground? :D:D:D

The question is:
Was that all the machine could do, or was that as high as he had the courage to take it?

I got the impression he didn't have a lot of control over it.

Yeah I thought about that too... How do you steer that mess?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

LMFAO All that work put into building that, only to get a few feet off the ground? :D:D:D

Igor Sikorsky didn't do any better on his first attempts, and they cost a whole lot more.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***LMFAO All that work put into building that, only to get a few feet off the ground? :D:D:D

Igor Sikorsky didn't do any better on his first attempts, and they cost a whole lot more.

Well said, John. Reminiscent of Ben Franklin watching the Montgolfier freres.

With that said, I wonder about safety and possible failure modes. I don't think autorotation is a possibility. I'd feel better if I could jump from it. ;)

JohnMitchell

******LMFAO All that work put into building that, only to get a few feet off the ground? :D:D:D

Well said, John. Reminiscent of Ben Franklin watching the Montgolfier freres.

With that said, I wonder about safety and possible failure modes. I don't think autorotation is a possibility. I'd feel better if I could jump from it. ;)

You wouldn't even have enough time for a PLF. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban