Nataly

brutal rejection...

I "liked" a guy's profile on a dating site and almost immediately I got a message from him saying "What a lovely surprise! Shall we meet up for a coffee?" So I agreed to meet at lunch the following day (today).

After a grand total of about 3 seconds, he looked at me and said "OK, I'm going to leave because this is *not* going to work." So he just got up and left!

(By the way, the pictures on my profile show *exactly* what I really look like. No fluff, no photoshop, no makeup - nothing that could be misleading in any way shape or form. I even included some rather UN-flattering pics for good measure - because hey, some days I look like that!!!)

So yep - if you are a guy and you think we women never get rejected, think again!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

peek

Do you have a skydiving tattoo somewhere obvious? You know how some whuffo dudes are threatened by that.

Nope - nothing weird or freaky that is obvious :D:P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

It's quite obviously his internalised issues and has very little, if anything, to do with you. If someone bails without even enjoying some coffee and conversation, there are deeper problems in play.

Everyone I've ever met on Match and OKCupid have the same problems, and I've created this wonderful little graphic to summarise my feelings about online dating.

That guy... hahaha. I have NO idea who he is but there's a ton of dirty laundry in the background of that shot.

I swear I've dated everyone on Match. I even played by all their rules and went to get my free 6 months, they refused. I broke up with Match right there on the phone. Even gave them the "This isn't working out" talk. They responded by deleting my profile, which I thought was kind of funny.

I see two obvious possibilities. The first is that it was some kind of mind game trick. If you had chased after him or contacted him it would mean that you had a week personality and he could control you. The second very real possibility is that their was some thing that he really did find objectionable. A deal killer. Example, he saw that you were a smoker. I use that as an example because I'm allergic to it. I would have pulled the cutaway handle right there. If that's the case, then at least he was straight up and honest about it from the beginning. Or maybe he spotted that you were a skydiver. Were you wearing a closing pin necklace? May be he's been burned dating a jumper before and made you. If you want to avoid things like this in the future you might want to put a disclaimer in your ad, full disclosure. Just to save time and disappointment.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

BillyVance

Is that Rick in the white shirt and chain around his neck? :):D

Hey!
I used to work with Mr. Thinks too highly of himself. He hit on every female student that came through the DZ. At last count, he was working on wife number 5!

I did not have time to utter any words!!!

And besides, attached is one of the pictures from my profile... So like I said, the pictures on there are really really the real me!!! For better or for worse!!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Ok, attached are all the pics uploaded on my profile, plus my current avatar on here (dz.com only let me attach 5/6 of the photos - because of size??)

So like I said, meeting me in peeson should not have been a shock... (I was looking pretty nice today!)

EDIT - I just changed my avatar... The cat on my knees whilst I poop is not on my online dating profile... But maybe it should be?!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Remster

I'm putting $5 that Ryoder is joining adopteunmec.com as we speak... :ph34r:

Yeah, but only so he can meet up with me an crush my little ego all over again!

EDIT - attached the 6th picture on my profile (since I just changes my dizzy avatar).
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

that_guy

The toilet paper in the nose shot is easily my favorite....

:P The cat perched on the shoulder really drives home the awesomeness.

It's meant to deterr the people who want a barbie-like girl. Which I am not :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Malta_Dog

To make your list of hobbies complete, you should add a pic of yourself karaokeing :P

I did have this one but it got removed because there were other people in the picture.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

He did you a favor. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but from your posts and pics you deserve a better person then one that would ever do that to someone. Maners alone he should have at least sat and enjoyed your company over coffee, and then excused himself from anymore meetings.
And if you want to see how a lady should be treated come to Elsinore. I will take you out and Not bale on you. LOL.;)

Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Nataly, I was asked to grab lunch from a guy. No problem I needed to eat and he was nice looking.
He was a Sheldon from Big Bang Theory!!!!
Like holy crap Sheldon!!
Into Dragons and role playing online and he was a college professor !!!!
I sat their politely for 45 minutes then made my pager go off. Being a medic /FF has its advantages. lol
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.