Nataly

brutal rejection...

Nataly

After a grand total of about 3 seconds, he looked at me and said "OK, I'm going to leave because this is *not* going to work." So he just got up and left!

Do you believe in love at first sight? Simple question; yes or no?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***After a grand total of about 3 seconds, he looked at me and said "OK, I'm going to leave because this is *not* going to work." So he just got up and left!

So what, if I believe love at first site is possible I should also believe in hate at first site??! Or maybe you're implying he is looking for love at first site? Either way, he could at least have shrugged and added "sorry"!!

And to answer your question: I don't, but I've heard it happens...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hi Nattie,
Now let's see, first off you are a "Girl" "AND" a "Skydiver!!" 100-to-1 odds he's a "Whuffo!!!!" You ought to know the drill by now!!!! You young pup Girl Skydivers should know by now the only "Hook-up" serious or even casual if it's going to have any "Umph!!" is going to have to be with "Another Skydiver!!!!!" 'Been around the sport for 50+ years now and have seen"EVERY EPISODE!!!" of,"As the Prop Turns!!!" Yours is "CLASSIC!!!!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hey Nataly,

I think you should thank him because he gave you back 30 minutes of your life instead of wasting your time on something that wasn't going to work out in the long run, anyway. You seem like a strong person and won't be phased by it.

Nataly

******After a grand total of about 3 seconds, he looked at me and said "OK, I'm going to leave because this is *not* going to work." So he just got up and left!

So what, if I believe love at first site is possible...adopteunmec.com is your first site ?? :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Nataly

I "liked" a guy's profile on a dating site and almost immediately I got a message from him saying "What a lovely surprise! Shall we meet up for a coffee?" So I agreed to meet at lunch the following day (today).

After a grand total of about 3 seconds, he looked at me and said "OK, I'm going to leave because this is *not* going to work." So he just got up and left!

(By the way, the pictures on my profile show *exactly* what I really look like. No fluff, no photoshop, no makeup - nothing that could be misleading in any way shape or form. I even included some rather UN-flattering pics for good measure - because hey, some days I look like that!!!)

So yep - if you are a guy and you think we women never get rejected, think again!!

Was there any verbal interaction prior to his above statement, within those 3 seconds?

Weird, indeed. His loss.

I agree, I think he did you a favor by his actions. He probably has some serious baggage of sorts.

I'm not saying the guy playing Sheldon is a professor . I'm saying I was floored how much this guy was like that character,except the gay part. :P not as blonde as you think

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Nataly

******After a grand total of about 3 seconds, he looked at me and said "OK, I'm going to leave because this is *not* going to work." So he just got up and left!

So what, if I believe love at first site is possible I should also believe in hate at first site??

Very good. That's precisely my point. It doesn't have to have anything whatsoever to do with you. Something just clicked in his brain and said to him, "Nope."

At that point it has nothing to do with you. Zero.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

A couple of my friends met roleplaying online. They've been married for a decade and a half and are raising a nerdy gamer son.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, y'all.

(Back on topic... I got nuthin'. Could have been a control freak hoping for a needy girl as others have said, or some other kind of The Game reading asshole. Could have just really, really not liked the look of you in person. Could have just had a terrible day and couldn't make small talk. Could have been a crazy person. All these things are possible and more.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

skybill

Hi Nattie,
Now let's see, first off you are a "Girl" "AND" a "Skydiver!!" 100-to-1 odds he's a "Whuffo!!!!" You ought to know the drill by now!!!! You young pup Girl Skydivers should know by now the only "Hook-up" serious or even casual if it's going to have any "Umph!!" is going to have to be with "Another Skydiver!!!!!" 'Been around the sport for 50+ years now and have seen"EVERY EPISODE!!!" of,"As the Prop Turns!!!" Yours is "CLASSIC!!!!!"

I don't believe that applies to people who are not "fanatical" about jumping :P I skydive sometimes - not as often as I would like, but then it's not my main hobby. :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

The guy is just an idiot. I met someone online that didn't have pics. But figured what the hell why not. We met and I was not attracted to her at all. We still had a nice night, good conversation, I still bought her supper ect. Kept in touch for a bit but I think we both knew it would not work. I found no reason to be rude to her. I like the funny pics. I eventually found my wife on a dating site, the picture that attracted her to me was me pointing to a sign that said slow children playing.

Nataly

***Hi Nattie,

I don't believe that applies to people who are not "fanatical" about jumping :P I skydive sometimes - not as often as I would like, but then it's not my main hobby. :)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

OK. Here is another side.

I'm unfortunately doing the online dating thing since a long-term relationship I hoped would turn into a marriage ended. I hate online dating, but what else can you do.

I'm right now in the "let's meet for coffee" phase. This morning I met someone for coffee that I had really high hopes for. Her profile and interests looked great to me. She travels/hikes a lot and has even been to some of the places I've been to like the Galapagos Islands in addition to places I want to see like Antartica, Africa safari (several times), Borneo, Alaska etc. Since she wasn't available due to being away for work, we exchanged about 12 emails during the week. Everything we talked about by e-mail I thought went great, she had flown gliders and was asking about skydiving and even considering a tandem.

So, anyway I finally got to meet her for coffee this morning. I thought it would go great since we seemed to have a lot in common. We were in line together, I ordered and then she ordered. But when she ordered she was so rude to the person behind the counter, that my hopes for her immediately collapsed. The bubble had burst. Before we even sat down to talk, I know I didn't want to ask her out.

I stayed for the hour and talked until it was time to go. But in this case, I knew it was over immediately after she made her order. It was funny how quickly my hopes were dashed.

AlanS

OK. Here is another side.

I'm unfortunately doing the online dating thing since a long-term relationship I hoped would turn into a marriage ended. I hate online dating, but what else can you do.

I'm right now in the "let's meet for coffee" phase. This morning I met someone for coffee that I had really high hopes for. Her profile and interests looked great to me. She travels/hikes a lot and has even been to some of the places I've been to like the Galapagos Islands in addition to places I want to see like Antartica, Africa safari (several times), Borneo, Alaska etc. Since she wasn't available due to being away for work, we exchanged about 12 emails during the week. Everything we talked about by e-mail I thought went great, she had flown gliders and was asking about skydiving and even considering a tandem.

So, anyway I finally got to meet her for coffee this morning. I thought it would go great since we seemed to have a lot in common. We were in line together, I ordered and then she ordered. But when she ordered she was so rude to the person behind the counter, that my hopes for her immediately collapsed. The bubble had burst. Before we even sat down to talk, I know I didn't want to ask her out.

I stayed for the hour and talked until it was time to go. But in this case, I knew it was over immediately after she made her order. It was funny how quickly my hopes were dashed.

This above. Although Nataly I'm not implying that you did or said something so bad that it turned him down immediately.

Maybe the guy is still broken by a previous relationship and, when meeting you, he realized that he is absolutely not ready/able to move on. Or he has a SO and was looking for some fun 'on the side' but his morals finally kicked in...

Or he was just a jerk ;)

Anyway, even a short explanation would certainly have been more courteous than this but, apart for the time it took you to go to this lunch place, whatever his reasons were, good or bad, you're most probably better off.

:)

My guess is that you looked a bit familiar to him in the website pics but he just couldn't place you, so he just shrugged off the slight feeling of deja vu. ...then he saw you in person and it all suddenly clicked. Maybe a specific mannerism or expression. He realizes that you're the girl who works with his wife! You know her but not him. He knows you only by sight, when picking his wife up, etc. You don't know her well ...only through casual day to day interactions. You do speak to each other, if only with polite, trivial banter. but you've never met her husband. Now, through a chance click on a website, you have! He's probably hoping that you didn't get a really good look at him and will forget the whole thing ever happened.

....or he's just a jackass.

I don't know... I kinda got the impression before even getting up close that he already had a look of DISGUST on his face!!! :D:D:D

(OK, disgust is a bit strong, but you know, I sensed something was "not right" from his face...)

Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and speculate about what was going on inside his head... Because I am not interested in getting to know someone who thinks this is an acceptable way to behave.

- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

piisfish

maybe he was expecting you to show up with a Kleenex up your nose and a cat on your head. :D

:D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

akarunway

Hi Nattie,

Hi Nattie!!,
Granted you claim "Other Interests" besides Skydiving!" 'But, to the Whuff! that overcomes it all!! There's no way out! Like I said I 'been 'round the sport for some years now!! 'Remember when, I was an Instructor with "New Dimensions Flite School" at Perris. (1982-4) 'June Bug' (June Hershel) one of our first graduates came out one cloudy fall day with her "Boyfriend" in tow to do his AFF level I!! Yeah right!! I was going to be Reserve side JM on the dive and we were "dirt diving", me, the now late Pat Swovelin and 'HIM!' hoping to get a break in the clouds to "Go Up!!!" This Guy was "Shaking like an oak leaf in a hurricane!!!!" Needless to say we never got a cloud break and next weekend I asked June,"Where's your 'Boyfriend?????'" She flicked the ash from her cigarette.............. and said,..............."He's History!!!!!".....Do I really have to say anything else?? ...and that was "Before you were even "BORN YET!!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

skybill

Hi Nattie!!,
Granted you claim "Other Interests" besides Skydiving!" 'But, to the Whuff! that overcomes it all!! There's no way out! Like I said I 'been 'round the sport for some years now!! 'Remember when, I was an Instructor with "New Dimensions Flite School" at Perris. (1982-4) 'June Bug' (June Hershel) one of our first graduates came out one cloudy fall day with her "Boyfriend" in tow to do his AFF level I!! Yeah right!! I was going to be Reserve side JM on the dive and we were "dirt diving", me, the now late Pat Swovelin and 'HIM!' hoping to get a break in the clouds to "Go Up!!!" This Guy was "Shaking like an oak leaf in a hurricane!!!!" Needless to say we never got a cloud break and next weekend I asked June,"Where's your 'Boyfriend?????'" She flicked the ash from her cigarette.............. and said,..............."He's History!!!!!".....Do I really have to say anything else?? ...and that was "Before you were even "BORN YET!!!"

Ermmm... Not quite... I don't know how old 'yall think I am, but I was born in 1980!!! (November 14th, in case any of my stalkers want to wish me a happy birthday when it comes up!! :D:P)

And I am serious... I have spent as much as 7 years away from the sport... What might be *more* intimidating is that I recently took up boxing (for example). But that would not be immediately obvious on such a brief encounter :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss