ryoder

70mph Longboard Run in CO

yoink

***]]
Larger wheels, corners better, has a bicycle disc brake;
Well, shucks, that takes a lot of the thrill out of it.:|;)

That's pretty gnarly.

Can't believe he's not wearing some sort of padding though. That thing looks SUPER twitchy in the corners and I've seen 70mph road rash when people come off bikes on asphalt... It's not pretty. Lots and lots of time in sterile hospital environments regrowing skin. [:/]

Like my original instructor told me - All the gear, all the time.

When I was around 17 and stupid I dropped a Honda 750, wearing only a tee shirt and jeans.
took my elbow down to the bone and then some, I can't remember how long or visits to the hospital
it took to regrow the meat and skin but I do remember going every three days to have the scabs
burnt off with some liquid. never ever rode a bike again without leathers, didn't care how hot it was.

Gone fishing

I took an off on my five foot longboard at 57 mph (a ford truck was right beside me the whole time) on North Union Blvd in Colorado Springs, CO in 1980. I had Rector pads on, but my elbow pads slipped up and i ground all the skin off of my right inner elbow to the bone. Gnarly! PS: I'm 52 tomorrow and I still have a longboard