keithbar

if I jumped at your dz

so I started jumping in the early eighties at Fort Campbell paid $10 a month for all the helicopter jumps I wanted to make. I only had to be C license "qualified" to be on the demo team was doing demo jumps with my personal gear at barely 100 jumps.:S can show in my log book where I was signed off for my C license in 1981 but never send in the money. in the early nineties a dzo asked me what my D number was and I told him hell I don't even have a license number but my USPA membership is in good standingB| he made me take a test and I have been rocking a license# 140408 ever since then. lately I have been thinking I should go ahead and get my C & a coach rating just so people can't give me s*** or maybe I should just rock the attitude of badges I don't need no stinking badges
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I'd treat you like any other skydiver. But if I were a DZO I'd enforce whatever standards or rules I had for visiting jumpers. Because, well, yes you are a special case, but the next guy might not be.
Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Rick

I woould put you out last on a 22 way.................................................................................................................blindfolded :P

I wouldn't.

You want a blind anvil with no idea of where he's going? :S

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***I woould put you out last on a 22 way.................................................................................................................blindfolded :P

I wouldn't.

You want a blind anvil with no idea of where he's going? :S

:D

well crap that describes half the people I jump with ;)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

I woould put you out last on a 22 way.................................................................................................................blindfolded :P

and ten seconds out the door I would still be low man. And you could build the formation on me:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

***I woould put you out last on a 22 way.................................................................................................................blindfolded :P

and ten seconds out the door I would still be low man. And you could build the formation on me:P

" Keith I need you to set the base. Give us 5 seconds out the door before you exit" :D
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

as a visiting jumper here, you would only be allowed to operate at our equivalent license level.
If you license is and "A" you're pretty much screwed here.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We had someone with your jump numbers/years with a D license come through who was uncurrent and packed his canopy so bad we were about to intervene and just pack it for free. Turns out he also mis-routed his bridle and since he didn't get a gear check he had a PC in tow. If he shows up again he's getting refresher training because word is he had done some strange/scary stuff in the past.

Basically, jump numbers, years, and license mean nothing. You're going to have to demonstrate that you can jump safely.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I never have a problem demonstrating my free fall skills. If anyone wants me to. I fall fast but straight down. Know how to track and achieve good separation. If someone can match my fall rate I have no problem turning points. Etc.:)

keithbar

I never have a problem demonstrating my free fall skills. If anyone wants me to. I fall fast but straight down. Know how to track and achieve good separation. If someone can match my fall rate I have no problem turning points. Etc.:)

I do not fall slow but I have worked on falling even faster on my belly. I think I can hang now Keith.... and I do not have to be on my head. :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

my fall rate kind of puts me in a Goldilocks position.:P I fall a bit too fast for most belly flyers. / f.S . groups and a bit too slow for hardcore head down speed. but the skinny sitflyer's we're just right;):)

Rstanley0312

***I never have a problem demonstrating my free fall skills. If anyone wants me to. I fall fast but straight down. Know how to track and achieve good separation. If someone can match my fall rate I have no problem turning points. Etc.:)

I do not fall slow but I have worked on falling even faster on my belly. I think I can hang now Keith.... and I do not have to be on my head. :P for years I have wanted to get a pic of me on my belly with 4 stickers docked On me like a 5-way belly spider I think with the right talent on the drop zone 4 of the guys who knew what they were doing and myself could pull that off

You should skip the C and get your damn D license. Then you're set for whatever.

I had a friend with 1000+ jumps and only an A license run into trouble at Eloy. It had been months since his last jump and they were going to make him pay for a coach jump to "get checked out and recurrent." Instead he just went ahead and finally got his D.
:D:D

wmw999

I'd treat you like any other skydiver. Because, well, yes you are a special case,
Wendy P.

awww Wendy called me special. I'm all warm and fuzzy nowB|;)

keithbar

my fall rate kind of puts me in a Goldilocks position.:P I fall a bit too fast for most belly flyers. / f.S . groups and a bit too slow for hardcore head down speed. but the skinny sitflyer's we're just right;):)

Go to Lost Prairie and get on some of Mad Johns 2 ton 20 ways

I have organized several "ton of fun" ( ten guys everyone at least 200 lbs . w/o gear:o 10 way loads over the years some of them even worked.:P:PB|