loumeinhart

dumbest way you've pulled a muscle?

walking down a three step down from a stairway landing in my house while donning a hat. something about putting a cap on my head while I was stepping off the stairs pulled something in my back and it hurt for freaking days.:S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Hmmm, I guess the dumbest way ever was thinking that yoga crap was eeeeasssyyyy and letting my ego run wild...

Back when I was in the USMC shortly after bootcamp I was on leave for a few days, I flew back to Washington to visit my family, my mother was teaching Yoga so I went down to the studio and her assistant said I had to participate or wait outside... I was in fantastic shape - how hard could this sissy stuff be? ...
no sweat I got this...

She didn't say it was the advanced class which emphasized stretching which wasn't exactly something the Marine Corp stressed - But shortly I came to understand the wicked smile she gave me [:/]

I pulled everything and found muscles that may not even have a name...

That shit kicked my ass worse than shouldering an 80lb ALICE pack and going 15k at a forced march.

I think I turned in my man card that day [:/]

Roy

PS: 30 years later my mother still likes to mention this...

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

putting on wet weather motorbike pants.
Bent forward to throw my leg in and my back seized up, I was in agony,B|B|B| had to wait lying on the floor for a doctor to arrive and give me an injection in my back to release the muscles, off work and at physio for a week after.i was about 36 at the time, so not an "old guy"

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

iwasyourpilot

I've sneezed and pulled a muscle in my neck to the point I couldn't turn it the next day.

I was sitting on my couch watching a hockey game with (I'll admit) not the greatest posture when I sneezed and pulled a muscle in my lower back.

I was worthless for the next two days.

Living in a small town in Northern IN, one miserable sub-zero January morning;
Went out to the garage and got in the old CJ-5, tensed up and shivering like hell.
Backed out of the garage, and up to the street;
Twisted my head to look left down the street for traffic, then quickly right, then quickly left once more...
ARGHHH!!!!!:o:S
Pain like someone plunging a Bowie knife into the back of my neck.

I was walking around trying to keep from moving any neck vertebrae for a couple weeks.[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hamstring pull during "adult play" time with a girlfriend. Being creative while pushing off of a wall with my foot only got me writhing in pain while she stared at me in confusion and concern. It was worth it but i didn't walk right for almost a week for the wrong reasons.

loumeinhart

was scratching my back with a screwdriver then totally did something wrong to my shoulder and tricept. No worries of course, but thought it would be interesting to ask on dz..

Hi Loumie'
Try this!!!!!......Driving down "Hane Stretch," several miles, straight road, pine trees on each side, and "I have to PEEE!!!" So I pull over and stop, put the truck into "PARK!!!" ( or so I thought) got out started to take care of business ....AND>>>>the truck starts to roll!!! I dive in, and "Complete" putting the shifter into Park which I should have done in the "First Place!!!!!" "Tore My Right Deltoid Arm Muscle" "Big Time" 'Had lots of trouble picking stuff up that weighed more than a couple of lbs.!! Ran to Kate Grieser our resident Physical Therapist and she said, "You tore your right deltoid muscle!!" But not all the way!! (That was the GOOD news) Bad news was that if I didn't tear it the rest of the way (surgery) it would take a long time to heal! It Did!!!!!!!! Got out of the Jumping Groove, then My wife got sick , more problems, the deltoid was in Nov. of 2006, finally about 8.5 years later I'm Back In The Air 23MAY2015!! I posted my "I'm Back" post on hist & trivia. You are looking at one "Happy Camper!!!!!!" Muscle grew back, looks a bit "Deformed" but "It Works" still have to "work out " with it but I can still toss a plot chute and hang in the door!!! Have to tell ya' those 8.5 years sucked, but now they are behind me!!! I'm back in the sky where I Belong with all my friends!!! Check this out, 16AUG at www.goldcoastskydivers.com me, in the purple, gold and green "Mr. Mardi Gras!!" Pauli, on camera, Sam in Blue and Grey and Aleshia in Grey and Red......The "Chinese 'T'" Dive ..Chinese T>zig-zag>oppos. str. stps.>spinner>open accord> top!! They were all under 200 jump jumpers, Good fun!!! When yoou look down fromm the door when Pauli takes grips on me and sam, that's Gold Coast down there...15'000 feet away Hooooboy!! Type into your browser http://youtu.be/PGKI1Su8Cdy Anybody out there "remember" this dive????
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

in the landing area to catch tandems on a windy day try to turn and start running at the same time

It felt like someone shot me in the calf muscle

getting old is not easy

Muff Muff
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!