Nataly

The horrible thing about online dating...

Nataly

However the grass is always greener is not something I personally feel... More like the grass seems like it's brown everywhere...

This. Yes, as a woman online dating you could go out with a different guy every night and never have to repeat, but, honestly? Given the options? I'd rather hang with my puppy and watch TV.

Having said that, I'm going to a friend's wedding next month who met her husband on match less than a year ago. So some people do make it work. But she was driven about the whole thing. I am not.

Nataly

Apart from all of it...

It's so dehumanising. Seriously. I just blacklist people for the most random things... Oh - that guy is wearing a hat in one of his pics... Who wears a hat??? What a pretentious douche. Blacklist that motherfucker ASAP.

Litterally.

I would NEVER behave that way toward a person who was actually standing in front of me. I'd probably find the hat charming.

*sigh*

I'm confused.

Do you like him, or is he something you scraped off the bottom of your shoe? *shrug*
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

I'm confused.

Do you like him, or is he something you scraped off the bottom of your shoe? *shrug*

I guess what I am feeling is that it's easy to dissmiss someone online without really having much to go on... Trouble is that after you've been "open-minded" for a while and been on coffee dates with every kind of wrong person imaginable (and some your limited imagination could not have dreamt up), you feel more and more reluctant to give a guy a chance. Which is not great, really. Perhaps guys feel different frustrations. I don't know - I don't have a penis :D:P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

******Apart from all of it...

It's so dehumanising. Seriously. I just blacklist people for the most random things... Oh - that guy is wearing a hat in one of his pics... Who wears a hat??? What a pretentious douche. Blacklist that motherfucker ASAP.

Litterally.

I would NEVER behave that way toward a person who was actually standing in front of me. I'd probably find the hat charming.

*sigh*

That sounds more about you than "online dating"

You have litterally just proven my point. The online thing is dehumanising. I doubt you'd behave in real life to me the way you do on here.
I've proven nothing of the sort.
If you posed that initial scenario to me in person I would have said. "Nat that speaks more about you than online dating"
literally.
Im honest in MY appraisals, most of my friends know if they ask my opinion on something I will give it honestly, consequently a few of them no longer ask my opinion, UNLESS they want honesty:D:D:D:D

Im not known for my tact.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dating just stinks!!!!
I have a short list of musts, and crud
it seems impossible to find in a guy.

Skydives
Over their ex
Faithful
Able to accept my jobs
Financially responsible
Wants kids someday.
:|sooo not easy to find!!!

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

That's because it's important to you that he be right for you. If you really want to find someone permanent you will be looking for someone you can be right for. ( not being sexist here, the same principle applies equally to men seeking partners )
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Nataly

So, then, if you realize you blacklist people for the most random things, why don't you stop doing it?

Admitting it is the first step, isn't it? :P

You live in France....Just get out and meet people... join a sailing club... do something crazy;)

It could be worse..... good thing I rarely drink

I work around nerds and geeks with the social acumen of a gnat:|

And in that list of Must's lies your down fall. By definition you have several contradictions there.

Skydiver /= (sorry no Not Equal key) Financially responsible
Over their Ex /= Faithful
Skydiver /= able to accept your jobs (I'm assuming those responsibilities might interfere with DZ time.)
Skydiver /= children (Children other then himself?)

It sounds like you are seeking some one who is... mature. A skydiver who is mature... Cue the Laugh track.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

RiggerLee

It sounds like you are seeking some one who is... mature. A skydiver who is mature... Cue the Laugh track.

Lee

Not hard to find, but likely more difficult in P5s age bracket
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Amazon

So, then, if you realize you blacklist people for the most random things, why don't you stop doing it?

You live in France....Just get out and meet people... join a sailing club... do something crazy;)

I agree with Amazon, it's not like you live in Alaska. Lol
The odds are good but the goods are odd!!
Believe me I tried.

promise5

There are things I'm not going to change for anyone.
Why should I lower my standards?
I rather be single :)

That's a valid choice. Really, and becoming more common. But it's not likely to lead to a partnership, and explains why you have not found what you are looking for. Limiting your options to skydivers eliminates well over 99% of the available men.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

It's becoming more common because I believe people refuse to settle.
It's ok if it eliminates 99% of the men. I'm not looking for 99% but the 1 that fits me and I fit him. Yeah, I still believe in finding "the one".

Main thing is I'm enjoying life until I do.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

It's becoming more common because I believe people refuse to settle.
It's ok if it eliminates 99% of the men. I'm not looking for 99% but the 1 that fits me and I fit him. Yeah, I still believe in finding "the one".

just be aware that the RIGHT him might not actually be a skydiver but someone who is cool with you being a skydiver.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

yoink

Skydives

Financially responsible

:D:D:D:D:D
Again silly stereotypes, I have 3 properties and a reasonable amount of $$ in the bank, and Im not all that unique
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Finding guys that are cool with it is easy.
Finding a guy that is cool with it and can handle the rest.
Not so easy. Not worried though:P

If I can be financially responsible and skydive I think a guy
can to. :P:P
It's really not that hard.

Believe me I tried.

Agreed. Actually, the only reason I'm even commenting at all is that you said you are seeking things that are impossible to find. You are likely correct about that as well.

promise5

Finding guys that are cool with it is easy.
Finding a guy that is cool with it and can handle the rest.
Not so easy. Not worried though:P

If I can be financially responsible and skydive I think a guy
can to. :P:P
It's really not that hard.

Finding Mr Right... can be realy tough... so in the meantime Mr Rightnow just fits the bill once in a while... and then there are Cabana Boys.....;)

I tried it for a while. I think most healthy balanced people are better off meeting people through common interests.

That said my brother was living in the country and met his partner online. They are really happy.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jeanne,

Mr Rightnow

Or as the sign that a woman at work had in her office: A good man is hard to find. But, a hard man is good find.

:P

Jerry Baumchen

The one over my desk reads.....

" Of course I don't look busy, I did it right the first time"

Amazon

Part of the problem *is* where I live... I'm in a place where MOST people are either:
- retired (so of my grand-parents' generation)
- tourists (so leaving in a week or so)
- uber rich (that is all kinds of "special!")
- French (d'uh! And not that this is a good or a bad thing but culturally and compatibility-wise I find it a bit tricky)

Add to that the fact that I *already* have a very full schedule... Picking up a new activity would mean giving up a current one... It's not that it can't be done, more like I'm pretty much already "getting out there."

I am of course making broad, sweeping generalisations that do NOT apply to everyone... However my point being: it's not as easy as one might think.

ETA - you think living in geeksville is "special"?? Try living in la-la-land!!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

RiggerLee

I think this is the fundamental downfall of on line dating. A person can generally make a decision faced with three options. But as the number grow the ability to make a choice declines. With almost unlimited, infinite options people find it difficult to make a choice. Their will always be some one else out there.

Lee

I'm now a month into this after a recent break up. This is still hard for me because I'm not quite over my previous relationship which I hoped would turn into marriage.

I'm now trying to decide if online dating it is worth the effort.

I'm so far still in the "meet for coffee" or "go on a hike" phase, and have been on about a dozen of those. From those dozen I've only been on one 2nd date. And few more that I talk with on the phone, but they seem to be turning into friends more than dates.

One of the things that is beginner to wear on me is explaining my life story over and over again to different people that are just getting to know me. I'm not sure I can sustain that for a long time and might just give up.

And about that one 2nd date, so far. Well I really messed up. The date was going well, when my previous relationship called. (She called me over the weekend and hinted at the possibility of getting back together and possibly inviting me to Yom Kippur dinner with her family on Wednesday), and this call was possibly that invitation. So I had a super dilemma, do I end the date early to return the call or ignore it.

I chose to end the date early, (eliminating the chance for a 3rd date) and returned the call. She told me she called, just to say she wasn't going to invite me to dinner on Wednesday.

I do need to get over her, and I think that call helped. It unfortunately ruined a very nice evening with a nice person and I feel bad about it. Flowers are on the way, but that potential relationship is done.

Back to square one.