oldwomanc6

Are You Going to Watch the Supermoon Lunar Eclipse Tonight?

Hoping to see some of it. I'm at the bottom of the Columbia River Gorge, right up next to the cliff. The cliff is blocking the show so far.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

No. First off, lunar eclipses are pretty anti-climactic. The moon goes red. I've seen several, and one through a pretty good telescope.

Second, the "supermoon" is more than just a little bit of hyperbole. Yes, it's closer. Yes it's bigger. But not by enough to be noticeable by anyone but the most attentive.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was wrong. I can see it just above the cliff from my bedroom. Maybe 9/10th is dark, so a small slice of it is lit.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

oldwomanc6

Not only is this a Supermoon Lunar Eclipse, but it's the fifth Supermoon of 2015, and the fourth lunar eclipse in a Tetrad. B|

The weather, here in the Mid-Adlantic region is going to be iffy, at best, but I'm hoping for good viewing.

Clear nd chilly outthere tonight... BUT here in the Pacific NorthWET any night where you can see sky stuff is a good night.. It "rose" already in eclipse.... but still pretty cool....

Still stupid clouds. I was really looking forward to see it come out of eclipse.

I've seen several total lunar eclipses, and I've loved every one of them. The best one was in about 1975. It wasn't the first I had seen, but it was the one that was the biggest on the horizon, and it was the reddest I have ever seen it to this day. That, coupled with the fact it was high in the mountains of San Bernardino, it made it amazing.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

Still stupid clouds. I was really looking forward to see it come out of eclipse.

I've seen several total lunar eclipses, and I've loved every one of them. The best one was in about 1975. It wasn't the first I had seen, but it was the one that was the biggest on the horizon, and it was the reddest I have ever seen it to this day. That, coupled with the fact it was high in the mountains of San Bernardino, it made it amazing.

I would bet there will be no clouds for the next TOTAL Solar eclipse in March....

Australia... Outback in MARCH 2016.... I am thinking seeing it at Uluru would be something VERY special..

OR August 21 US of A full on... Check the Animation

Find a place on that arc....

Amazon

I would bet there will be no clouds for the next TOTAL Solar eclipse in March....

Australia... Outback in MARCH 2016.... I am thinking seeing it at Uluru would be something VERY special..

hahaha Typically I'll be in SoCal in march:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Even under clear skies, it was going to be less than optimal conditions here in Western Canada. But clouds completely obscured the moon last night making it a non-event. So I will just have to be contempt in looking at photographs people took.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Damn. I should have Googled this. I heard it was happening on the 28th, so this morning checked the time when I was at my desk - only to find it was at approx 2:30am UK time. We even had crystal clear skies in London.

When did you guys say the next one is happening?:)

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

Damn. I should have Googled this. I heard it was happening on the 28th, so this morning checked the time when I was at my desk - only to find it was at approx 2:30am UK time. We even had crystal clear skies in London.

You have a wee bit of a wait

Amazon

***Damn. I should have Googled this. I heard it was happening on the 28th, so this morning checked the time when I was at my desk - only to find it was at approx 2:30am UK time. We even had crystal clear skies in London.

You have a wee bit of a wait

For a Supermoon version.

For normal Lunar eclipses:

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9