nigel99

interesting day

Wow. Spent the day showing a visitor around and took her for a tandem. She's a research scientist with degree in aeronautical engineering. She's spent a fair amount of time on the parabolic flights (zero g research)
Interesting speaking to a whuffo who "really" knows how parachutes work
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

What was she researching? And if you see her again ask he if she would like to have minutes rather then seconds of micro gravity. Have her call Exos Aerospace and Technologies. They've been dragging their heels getting the sounding rocket program back up and running but we finally have our next launch window scheduled. Reserve a slot now for your next flight into space.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

nigel99

Research area is cavitation.

I thought cavitation was something that happened in water with air bubbles being created by spinning propellers...

What kind of bubbles would you get with an airplane moving through air? Are we talking about something like a skydiver's burble here - bubbles of low pressure air?

Socrates

***Research area is cavitation.

I thought cavitation was something that happened in water with air bubbles being created by spinning propellers...

What kind of bubbles would you get with an airplane moving through air? Are we talking about something like a skydiver's burble here - bubbles of low pressure air?

Cavitation is the leading cause of pump failure in fuel systems to deliver high temperature and pressure fuel to turbine engines. If the pump quits, it's only a matter of time until the engine stops.

It may be a different area of study, however.

theplummeter

******Research area is cavitation.

Cavitation is the leading cause of pump failure in fuel systems to deliver high temperature and pressure fuel to turbine engines. If the pump quits, it's only a matter of time until the engine stops.

It may be a different area of study, however.

I always thought cavitation is puking whilst on that zero G parabolic flight. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Squeak

she was cute, and you didn't introduce her around >:(:ph34r:

I'm not stupid enough to introduce her to free fliers ;)

Thought I introduced you though?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Socrates

***Research area is cavitation.

Cavitation can happen in any material if the frequency used is strong enough and there is water present.

Hydro cavitation can do some serious damage
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

nigel99

***she was cute, and you didn't introduce her around >:(:ph34r:

I'm not stupid enough to introduce her to free fliers ;)

Thought I introduced you though?no, but i was busy :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?