Bridge_Day

Bridge Day Registration

roostnureye

Sleep in the bed you've made.
The responses here clearly state how the BaseJumpers feel about your endeavor.

and get a life, 50 fucking skydives.......
what the fuck is wrong with you?
grasping at straws are we? :D

do the manufacturers know you will be going against their requirements for beginners jump numbers? you do realize they require 200 to use their equipment right?

its apparent you don't care about the base community, manufacturers, or participants.
by supporting the idea of a 50 jump wonder jumping at this event.

please stop trolling the skyjumping forums for people to put in danger.

btw what rigs are you planning on loaning out to the 50jump wonders?

ill be sure to let the manufacturers know that you disregard their safety requirements and have no problem putting them at risk.

The new "organizer" doesn't care about safety or liability. That's why he was told he wasn't welcome back at Bridge Day after 2011. Which is amusing since he is accusing other of having an ax to grind.
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

Slater

I've got 40 and an A-license. I can jump in a hurricane!

Once... :P

Roy

Yes, but maybe is landing many times on same jump like this guy!

Slater

I imagine it would be more like Hulk smashing Loki on the floor repeatedly like a rag doll in The Avengers. You know the scene where he walks off right after, saying "puny god" :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I've got 40 and an A-license. I can jump in a hurricane!

Once... :P

Roy

Yes, but maybe is landing many times on same jump like this guy!

Slater

I imagine it would be more like Hulk smashing Loki on the floor repeatedly like a rag doll in The Avengers. You know the scene where he walks off right after, saying "puny god" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L84b4wRaMI&feature=iv&src_vid=2uaPZdhxnek&annotation_id=annotation_286647
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Bridge_Day

What: Bridge Day Registration
When: July 1st, 2015
Where: www.jumpbridgeday.com
Why: We'll give you 876 reasons!

People have heard some bad info from folks who have an axe to grind with Bridge Day. Don't believe the hype. For the record: No finger printing to jump at Bridge Day.

Bridge Day rocks. Ask anyone who has been if they had a blast.
If anyone tells you different, Don't Believe the Hype!

If you have 50 skydives, you can jump at Bridge Day 2015.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jump-Bridge-Day/365050543680797

From the Bridge Day site -

UPDATE: A jumper has decided to go against the BASE community's boycott and help the Bridge Day Commission organize this year. His name is Mark Kissner. He was our contracted tandem coordinator until we refused to continue working with him shortly after Bridge Day 2012. We felt he wasn't a team player and his actions could have resulted in my company being sued for millions.

<<< End

Are you Mark Kissner? You don't seem to have much, if any, respect in the BASE community.

I hope that the Idaho Bridge Day event is a resounding success. Have a great time.

JohnnyMarko

btw what rigs are you planning on loaning out to the 50jump wonders?

Word is you can rent a wingsuit if you have 75 skydives

Only 60 if you have a GoPro too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

PLFKING

It was in '04. 2000 it was 100 if I remember correctly. Unless a certain person waivered you. I think it should be at least a 100 w/ a BASE rig. I had 200 and made it to the LZ. My buddy w/ 87 jumps took the middle of the river.

Don

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Yes, Mark Kissner is the new bridge day organizer / adviser that is accused of selling out the BASE community for personal gain. Mark runs the tandem BASE at bridge day ($1,000 per jump). The incident that caused Jason Bell to cut ties with Mark a few years ago involved a tandem base being done without a proper waiver from what I understand.

Twin Falls is legal to jump year round, and loves jumpers 24/7, not just during a few hours one day a year. The landing area at Bridge Day is FAR sketchier than the LZ at TF. Twin Falls is laid back and friendly, with a hand full of jumpers always willing to help where WV is a circus full of thousands of wuffos and your the clown. Twin Falls has no background check or angry state cops harassing jumpers, and no registration fee. You can Jump / pack / repeat all week long without feeling rushed at Twin rather than having a line of jumpers waiting behind you.... literally NO good reason to go to bridge day in WV instead of going to TF and having a chill time, jumping safe(ish)ly from 486'.... no....reason...at....all...

If your one of the 50 jump wonders headed out to make a first jump, you seriously need to consult people at your DZ, the jumpers at your home DZ should know you better than anyone, if they aren't willing to loan you gear, they probably have a good reason. Quite honestly, the people at your home DZ that would tell you this is a good idea aren't your friends either, you should probably find a new DZ.