Socrates

Movie Theater Seating

JohnMitchell

Subways have underground trains; tubes have toothpaste. :P

Subways have sandwiches, dummy.

:D:D:D How stupid of me. :)
The Brits are a funny lot... only they would call a cigarette a "fag". :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

theonlyski

Also, the local AMC started doing assigned seats and I have no problem with it whatsoever. If I know it's going to be a busy movie, I'll buy the tickets in advance and skip the lines, and still get the seats I want.

I realize that I posted this too late to edit it, but the main reason that I like the assigned seating is that more than once, I have seen people asked to move, even if they were there first, because someone else wants to sit there and the staff at the theater come and ask them to comply with the request. >:(
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I chose "pre-assigned," but there is a caveat. The theater I like to visit is a Cinebistro. When we want to pay the extra $$ for the upstairs bistro seating, then we choose our seats. As far as I can remember, that theater's general seating is first come/first served.

(of course, this is also the theater where the guy shot the dad for texting -- but that was in the general seating section. Everyone upstairs knows that the other patrons up there are eating, chatting, drinking, texting, etc during the previews and at least part way through the movie. The staff even comes around to clear the plates and utensils after the movie has started!)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

theonlyski

Also, the local AMC started doing assigned seats and I have no problem with it whatsoever. If I know it's going to be a busy movie, I'll buy the tickets in advance and skip the lines, and still get the seats I want.

What if you sit down in that seat you wanted, only to have a 300-lb fat chick with a jumbo popcorn and a wheezing cough sit down next to you?

Socrates

***Also, the local AMC started doing assigned seats and I have no problem with it whatsoever. If I know it's going to be a busy movie, I'll buy the tickets in advance and skip the lines, and still get the seats I want.

What if you sit down in that seat you wanted, only to have a 300-lb fat chick with a jumbo popcorn and a wheezing cough sit down next to you?

Sounds like every movie I ever watched on a commercial flight.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Socrates

***Also, the local AMC started doing assigned seats and I have no problem with it whatsoever. If I know it's going to be a busy movie, I'll buy the tickets in advance and skip the lines, and still get the seats I want.

I swap seats with my girlfriend, duh. B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

JohnMitchell

****** And I eat before I go. Fuck the concessions.

Agreed! Theatre popcorn is for DZ.com threads about swooping. B|

A pack of M&Ms in one pocket, maybe a mini bottle in the other. ;)

Skittles and strawberry Arizona
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

theonlyski

******Also, the local AMC started doing assigned seats and I have no problem with it whatsoever. If I know it's going to be a busy movie, I'll buy the tickets in advance and skip the lines, and still get the seats I want.

I swap seats with my girlfriend, duh. B|

How does that cure your gf's wheezing cough?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun