oldwomanc6

What is the weirdest cult movie you have ever seen?

ryoder

I also liked Donnie Darko. I've been told I should check out Eraserhead, but so far haven't. Pretty much anything by David Lynch is going to be pretty odd. I still think his version of Dune is the best.

I think Lynch's masterpiece is "Mulholland Drive"(2001).
I watched it 3 times in a week, and still not satisfied that I understood it, went searching and found an essay by a grad student, that put the pieces together. For those who have yet to watch it, a clue: There is a sharp transition point in the film. Everything before that is different from everything after.

I've watched that movie several times. I could watch it a couple of times a week for the rest of my life and probably still not get everything there is to know about it.

"Lost Highway"(1997).
This Lynch film almost looks like a warmup for "Mulholland Drive". It is Robert Blake's last film, and his role is *really* creepy!

Just a little taste :D
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

"Lost Highway"(1997).
This Lynch film almost looks like a warmup for "Mulholland Drive". It is Robert Blake's last film, and his role is *really* creepy!

Just a little taste :D

I've always imagined the first question asked during jury selection in Robert Blake's criminal trial:

Defense attorney: "Have you ever watched 'Lost Highway'?"

Potential juror: "Yes."

Defense attorney: "Your honor, we would like to excuse this juror!"

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I like Cannibal! The Musical. Early Trey Parker and Matt Stone film about gold miners traveling from Utah to Colorado who get lost in the wilderness and resort to cannibalism. A joint venture with Troma Entertainment, so there are some really corny gore effects.
And it's a musical to boot!

oldwomanc6

Although, maybe, just maybe, we can all agree that the most FUN one is Rocky Horror Picture Show? B|

Well, I've never seen anyone dress up in costume and dance in the aisles for any other film.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Although, maybe, just maybe, we can all agree that the most FUN one is Rocky Horror Picture Show? B|

Well, I've never seen anyone dress up in costume and dance in the aisles for any other film.;)

Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

Now that you mention it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvHMBkYg1sw:D

I wouldn't say it's the weirdest, but it's definitely one of the darkest, and this is as good a place as any to recommend it (rather than starting another thread).

In Bruges. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

oldwomanc6

At one time, I thought it was Donny Darko (which I enjoyed, strangely enough) , but just suffered through Cool World.

This takes the cake. How about you?

Darko messed me up a bit...

I was pretty young when cool world came out. I saw it with a buddy of mine on a rainy summer wednesday afternoon...we were the only ones in the theater. It was a blast...we had the whole place to ourselves - popcorn fight.

...but the weirdest cult film...???

"I'm gonna knock your dick in the dirt..."
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

ryoder

Now that you mention it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvHMBkYg1sw:D

That's the one... :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

Funny thing is I never knew anything about the film, and by the title, just assumed it was a kids movie.
Then last night I looked it up on IMDB;
Oh, *that* kind of queen!:$